Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

MJC, HS82 and Tensnake all played Life last year.

are they just trying to make FF a dance festival in the city centre to go head-to-head with Life? :confused:

Really disappointing alright, my favourite festival but not even one day I'll be going to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Happy with those additions but it backs up what I said a few pages back about them mainly booking acts who have already played at an Irish festival in the past year or two. Really can't understand why they have decided to go so much down the dance/electronic music route though, feels like such a waste having that and Life on the same weekend. Does anyone know what days the newly announced acts will be playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nico Jaar and Stringer Bell are Friday, Tensnake Saturday, the rest Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Didn't they say on facebook that Indie announcements will be coming later? If so it is a bit strange that everything they have announced so far have been hip hop or electronic music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Didn't they say on facebook that Indie announcements will be coming later? If so it is a bit strange that everything they have announced so far have been hip hop or electronic music.

I think they were just bluffing at that stage and were still unsure what route they'd head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No I think they said there would be respective indie and comedy stages so presumably they're still to come.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    No I think they said there would be respective indie and comedy stages so presumably they're still to come.

I doubt it at this stage. As far as I'm aware it was just a casual reference in a solitary Facebook post and nothing on it since. I hope you're right to be honest as nothing overly appeals to me so far other than run the jewels. I've been to every ff so far but will probably be giving this one a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I doubt it at this stage. As far as I'm aware it was just a casual reference in a solitary Facebook post and nothing on it since. I hope you're right to be honest as nothing overly appeals to me so far other than run the jewels. I've been to every ff so far but will probably be giving this one a miss.

I wonder was Patti Smith, Spiritualized etc originally supposed to be the indie additions but they decided to put them on a separate show on the Monday instead?

lc180 wrote: »
    I wonder was Patti Smith, Spiritualized etc originally supposed to be the indie additions but they decided to put them on a separate show on the Monday instead?

Yeah maybe, they might've been struggling to get enough acts for a full stage per day so just switched plans altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I found security to be grand last year...was searched like but compared to Longitude (where I was stuck in a queue to get in for roughly half an hour) it wasn't too bad at all imo

That has seemed to be the case in previous years. Good vibe as a result ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

I updated my Forbidden Fruit Playlist a couple days ago. Everyone announced so far is in it as far as I can tell. spotify:user:niallwithaz:playlist:5blePxvoGAYzeCsJhJMcXR

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

FrewBrews wrote: »
    I updated my Forbidden Fruit Playlist a couple days ago. Everyone announced so far is in it as far as I can tell. spotify:user:niallwithaz:playlist:5blePxvoGAYzeCsJhJMcXR

Thank's FrewBrews this is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What's the crowd like at this? Many heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not usually. with the lineup this year though, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Thinking of going with friends on the Friday and Saturday. It appears all the hostels are either booked out or have hiked up the prices for the bank holiday weekend. Any cheap and cheerful accommodation suggestions?

Just got two tickets hope it's good,
    Been to picnic a few times so looking forward to something different.
    What beer do they sell?

What beer do they sell?

I wasn't there last year but every other year it was pints of Beck and/or Tennents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Festival running til 3 each night. that's a big change.

Very big change, it's basically a completely different festival this year, I'm hoping it doesn't attract the wrong crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

given that it's still in the middle of a residential area and i seriously doubt a licence has been granted there for music until 3am (especially the main outdoor stage), I wouldn't be surprised if they're including some official after-parties as the "festival".
    and according to the poster, the event is still "subject to licence", so none has been granted at all yet...

• Advertisement

Gates: 4.30pm-10.45pm on Friday Gates: 2.30pm -10.45pm on Saturday and Sunday

Above is taken from their website. 3am must be the after parties in town.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Festival running til 3 each night. that's a big change.

But they'll be no beer

As some of you predicted, they were talking about the "official after parties" that will go onto 3am.

"FORBIDDEN FRUIT NIGHT,
    A series of festival after-parties in official locations around the city, running until 3am on the June bank holiday weekend 29th - 31st May.

Over the coming weeks, we will be announcing over 12 parties, with some of your favourite Forbidden Fruit headline acts playing unique and intimate shows alongside some of your favourite collectives and Local DJ's, across the city."

First one announced is Hot Since 82 in the Button Factory on the Sunday night. Tickets are an extra €10. Was thinking it would be strange if it went on until 3am, always feel like after parties aren't really part of the festival though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cian_M

I hope they announce someone else that i like on the Sunday, I really like Run the Jewels but I couldn't justify forking out 60 quid just for them, as no one else really appeals to me

(apart from maybe joey badass, but I'd much rather see RTJ)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

always feel like after parties aren't really part of the festival though.

Because they're not. It's just an excuse to earwig more money out of you, you'll be dealing with queues, bouncers, entrance fees and all the usual ****e that goes with a normal night out in a nightclub in town. Not a festival.

New additions from last week.
    We are delighted to announce the first batch of local collectives and artists that will be joining us at this years Forbidden Fruit Festival. Including Mother Club, Sense, Together DISCO, Curve, This Greedy Pig, R&B Club, The Malibu Club, Discotekken, The Building Society, BW Dublin, Moth and Apocalypse Now (2012).
    Colm K, Will Kinsella, DJ Deece, 4wrd grad, Dan Stritch, Jack Dunne, Gavin Francis, Kaily and Bobofunk.

More acts added today: Floating Points, Fatima, Whilk and Misky, Blooms, Trinity Orchestra, Mc Melodee, Heroes in Hiding, Rusangano Family, Sleep Thieves, Rocstrong. Unfamiliar with most of them but Floating Points should be good, would imagine that is most of the line up now but it does say on the event page there is to be a special guest on the Friday.

Gorgon City added to the Sunday lineup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Sunday night with Hawtin will be absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement

I've been holding out for some indie bands to get added to the lineup. They said they would add some months ago but looks like they were talking out of their arses. Real pity as I'm a big fan of Forbidden Fruit, was my go-to music festival each year.
    If anyone is looking for an early-bird priced ticket you find mine on toutless this weekend.

Advertisement