Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from the Life thread, same weekend as FF:
    As been talked about on the Foo Fighters thread there is going to be major bus strikes happening on the weekend of Life, I wouldn't like to be a day tripper on the Sunday as apparently both Bus Eireann and Iarnrod Eireann will be striking. It looks like a three day strike too so it could fcuk up the Friday schedule.

http://nbru.ie/union/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tmp_Screenshots_2015-04-22-22-44-021230703529.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This is a disaster for a festival in the city centre with no camping. No Dublin Buses running will cause a lot of problems for those commuting within Dublin and no Bus Eireann buses or Trains will cause a huge problem for those travelling from outside of Dublin. Will have to give it serious thought on how I am going to get up and down to this each day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is a disaster for a festival in the city centre with no camping. No Dublin Buses running will cause a lot of problems for those commuting within Dublin and no Bus Eireann buses or Trains will cause a huge problem for those travelling from outside of Dublin. Will have to give it serious thought on how I am going to get up and down to this each day now.

Well there's also Citylink, Gobus and Airbus, would the Luas be affected by this as well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Gobus is bus eireann, presumably that'd be out too?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Gobus is bus eireann, presumably that'd be out too?

They are in partnership with them but I think they are independents like City Link. Just a heads up anyway, make plans accordingly in case this kicks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just picked up a Saturday ticket, sweeeeeet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

I've got weekend tickets for this and a ticket for the Hot Since 82 after-party but I've changed my mind and want to go to Life instead...

Electric Picnic should have snapped some of the great DJs playing this, such a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing at the end of the ad that's on Today FM all the time? Sounds great but haven't a clue who it is

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

Just a quick question about the after parties. Does everyone go home and get changed or will the bouncers let you in in the gear you were wearing that day? Obviously not if I'm neck deep in mud but I'll probably be in jeans and a tshirt and wondering if I need to wear "going out" gear/shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

You'll be grand....everyone will be in the same boat. I've gone out in town every year after and never had an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Synode wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song that's playing at the end of the ad that's on Today FM all the time? Sounds great but haven't a clue who it is

The song at the very end is "Groove Armada" "If everybody looked the same" if that is the one you are looking for

Forbidden Fruit have tweeted that they're announcing 5 more acts tomorrow. No idea what to expect, presumably one of them is the "special guest" for the Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Hey guys just wondering about those FF at night events in Hangar & other places. Will you be let in with festival attire on , ie wellies and possibly shorts/vests??. Or would one have to go home and change before heading out?

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

newly-pressed-ecstasy-pills-called-red-chupa-chups-containing-around-E46F89.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/205cf5577...hnuo1_1280.jpg

404 Not Found

LostArt wrote: »
    404 Not Found

Google image Chuppa Chup pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Hey guys just wondering about those FF at night events in Hangar & other places. Will you be let in with festival attire on , ie wellies and possibly shorts/vests??. Or would one have to go home and change before heading out?

I would say definitely not with wellies. The rest it might depend on the place. I don't think I've seen anyone at Forbidden Fruit in wellies before.

Does anyone know if Idris Elba is still playing or has pulled out? His profile isn't up on the lineup for the Friday now and isn't on the poster either...instead there is a "Special Guest" slot in for Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Never been but live close by.... any give me a brief description of what its actually like?

Lineup looks good for the price (Saturday)

MurDawg wrote: »
    Never been but live close by.... any give me a brief description of what its actually like?

Lineup looks good for the price (Saturday)

It's a really good weekend, when you get in first it seems kinda small and there's not much to see but the main stage is savage, looks out onto all these green spaces and it's on a hill and once a band get going there it's cool.

The main indoor tent was mainly housing rap and dance acts last year and that was really good too, and the comedy tent was never too busy but was good.

Overall I'd say it was different to most festivals because obviously you are not camping and so there isn't that sense of community you would get at something like Body & Soul or Electric Picnic, people tend to keep to their own groups. The plus side of that I suppose is that there is no one going around causing trouble or completely out of it.

In terms of food and drink, there was a good selection there if a bit pricey. If memory serves Becks and Bulmers were both around the 5.50 mark.

Overall, if you were in two minds about going I would definitely go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Does anyone know how the weekend tickets work? I won two and I want to be able to bring two different people on different days. The website says there is a wristband but it also says you need the ticket. Not very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

does anyone know whether it'll be possible to buy day tickets at the entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can you bring cans in?

No you can't bring any food or drink into the festival. You could buy tickets at the gate last year but it seems to be a bit bigger this year so not sure if they'll be available on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the weekend tickets work? I won two and I want to be able to bring two different people on different days. The website says there is a wristband but it also says you need the ticket. Not very clear.

the ticket is needed to secure a wristband.

once the wristband is on it is supposed to stay on that person. but your first guest will obviously be taking it off to give to your second guest, which is fine but if they notice its been tampered with they could take it off that person and not let them in. most likely wont happen but it could.

Does anyone know if Idris Elba is still playing or has pulled out? His profile isn't up on the lineup for the Friday now and isn't on the poster either...instead there is a "Special Guest" slot in for Friday...

the "Special Guest" slot was there when Idris was announced. there has been no word of his absence from the line up but sadly i think you can assume that he pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Full list of after parties

Friday

Hangar
    Special Guest

Button Factory

Nicolas Jaar
    Kowton

Grand Social
    The Malibu Club

Saturday

Button Factory
    Damian Lazarus
    Floating Points

Generator
    Alexander Nut
    Fatima

Pygmalion
    Groove Armada (DJ set)

Sunday

Button Factory
    Hot Since 82 (SOLD OUT)

Hangar
    Adam Beyer
    Matador

Pygmalion
    Booka Shade (DJ set)

Gonna be a busy weekend!

might want to update that. Hot Since 82 in The Button Factory are sold out. :(

Weather looks like being ****e unfortunately...for Friday at least and then not great after that - http://www.thejournal.ie/weather/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

garrkell wrote: »
    the "Special Guest" slot was there when Idris was announced. there has been no word of his absence from the line up but sadly i think you can assume that he pulled out

Ah ****s sake. only thing I was interested in on the Friday

Advertisement