Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah ****s sake. only thing I was interested in on the Friday

no interest in Jaar? each to their own i guess.

Weather looks like being ****e unfortunately...for Friday at least and then not great after that - http://www.thejournal.ie/weather/

oh dear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

garrkell wrote: »
    no interest in Jaar? each to their own i guess.

Seen him before and was very underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

How strict are security. Easy to get a few cans in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

How strict are security. Easy to get a few cans in?
    Tricky to sneak cans in but spirits are doable.
    Zip lock bags a re a good one for spirits. Make sure they are decent and properly closed, then stuff in jocks, bras etc.
    Then once you are in just move them into your bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Saw a picture doing the rounds on facebook last night of the stage times, seems pretty believable. Can't attach the picture because the persons page is on private, but here are the times it said.

Edit: Noticed Mr.Scruff isn't on that line up and one or two smaller acts are on different days than they were initially meant to be on. Guess we will see for sure tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

They announced mark knight as the special guest for friday

Saw a picture doing the rounds on facebook last night of the stage times, seems pretty believable. Can't attach the picture because the persons page is on private, but here are the times it said.

Edit: Noticed Mr.Scruff isn't on that line up and one or two smaller acts are on different days than they were initially meant to be on. Guess we will see for sure tomorrow.

Probably Hot press,no? Usually they get it first.

wheres Mr Scruff? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

nmg_ire wrote: »
    They announced mark knight as the special guest for friday

Raging about that, can't go on the Friday but Mark Knight is by far one of the best DJ's I've seen live in Ireland (several times over the years) and Ibiza! Guessing he'll be the special guest in Hangar on Friday night!

If them set list times are true I'll not be a happy camper!

• Advertisement

15ud1d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Weekend tickets sold out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

https://8tracks.com/pulixifer/forbidden-fruit-2015

Fairly chilled Saturday / Sunday playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Are they going to make those stage times available on the website at all or am I completely blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

see previous post #223 thats the picture they posted on fb and twitter so its correct

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

yeah I know - just wondering why its nowhere to be found on the official website - can't access FB or twitter in work!! and that pictures a bit too blurry for me eyesight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Few bad clashes there...

Wu-Tang/Groove Armada/Jamie XX

Hot Since 82/Adam Beyer

Run the Jewels/Richie Hawtin/Dusky

Oh decisions :(

The Forbidden fruit Facebook page seems to be suggesting weekend ticket holders get free access to Patti Smith et al on the Monday too. That would be pretty class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The Forbidden fruit Facebook page seems to be suggesting weekend ticket holders get free access to Patti Smith et al on the Monday too. That would be pretty class.

Would suggest that either or both are not selling too well.

Definitely, what capacity is Kilmainham, 10k? Can't just stick another 10 on top of that. They must have sold sub 5k weekend tickets to expect this to work logistically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Off to bed now and when I wake up it's finally Forbidden Fruit Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Is forbidden fruit outdoors or do they have tents and that. The weather isn't looking great for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

poisonated wrote: »
    Is forbidden fruit outdoors or do they have tents and that. The weather isn't looking great for tomorrow.

There was one (maybe two) tents last year. However, I think there could be more stages this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Well how's it looking, heading over soon

Set up is the same as last year, think there is one extra stage but the site seems the same size. Rain held off for most of the evening thankfully, hopefully the same again tomorrow. Fatboy Slim was absolutely brutal.

Fatboy slim is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fatboy slim is a joke

This seems to be the general consensus on the aul social media. Was he really that bad?

That_Guy wrote: »
    This seems to be the general consensus on the aul social media. Was he really that bad?

I could be being harsh on the lad in my hungover state, but I'd say it was the worst act I've ever seen. Nothing but EDM and electro remixes, kind of expected as much after picnic two years ago but jesus he was bad, nothing but clapping his hands up on the stage. There was a massive crowd at him though who seemed to be enjoying themselves so maybe I'm in the minority, but anyone I got chatting to thought he was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dylan77

Hi all...Thinking of heading there later, couple of questions...

Are wellies required on site?
    Were there touts selling tickets outside? (Only want to go today but want a cheap weekend ticket so I can leave and get back in)

• Advertisement

Nah don't bring wellies, you'll look ridiculous, the site never deterioriates to that state.

FBS was absolutely terrible, it was my first EDM gig and it made me want to punch him in the face. The quality of the lights and soundsystem couldnt cover up the fact that he is an absolutely **** DJ.

Advertisement