Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C+E category price

• 24-11-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everybody, does anyone know how much it costs in Ireland? All together? C+E? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How long is a piece of string. It all depends on if you've access to a suitable vehicle, and licensed driver, to practice or if you are doing it just using school vehicles. But you're looking at a min of 5 lessons, most HGV schools do 2 hour lessons, for C and the same for CE that's assuming you pass the tests first time. Then you have theory test, CPC theory and practical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I passed my C+E in July 2014. I did 12 hours in total (€130 per 2 x hours) before taking the test. Prior to that I did no truck driving since passing my C test in 2003. I went with the 'wagon and drag' combination for the lessons/test, which I preferred over the traditional artic combination.

I used this school -

http://www.aclearsteerdriving.com/?page_id=46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Theory Test - not required if you already have C Licence.
    But Theory Test Book can be got for free at Library

Theory test now includes part 1 of CPC and it costs 72 euro

Medical - 20 euro, doctor should not charge full amount for a simple medical
    If you have more than 2 years left on current medical this will cover your provisional licence

Provisional Licence - 35 euro

8 hrs lessons plus hire of lorry for test - 600-700 euro (Deals are available on lessons + hire of lorry)

CPC 1 plus theory test - 72 euro
    CPC 2 - 72 euro
    Test - 120 euro
    Practical CPC - 35 euro

New Licence - 35 euro
    Plus another medical - 20 euro

Each CPC module - 50 euro per year

DigiCard - 60 euro but I think if you do it online its 45

• Registered Users Posts: 27 splitcro

yourpics wrote: »
    Theory Test - not required if you already have C Licence.
    But Theory Test Book can be got for free at Library

Theory test now includes part 1 of CPC and it costs 72 euro

Medical - 20 euro, doctor should not charge full amount for a simple medical
    If you have more than 2 years left on current medical this will cover your provisional licence

Provisional Licence - 35 euro

8 hrs lessons plus hire of lorry for test - 600-700 euro (Deals are available on lessons + hire of lorry)

CPC 1 plus theory test - 72 euro
    CPC 2 - 72 euro
    Test - 120 euro
    Practical CPC - 35 euro

New Licence - 35 euro
    Plus another medical - 20 euro

Each CPC module - 50 euro per year

DigiCard - 60 euro but I think if you do it online its 45

Thank you very much, so it is about 1200 - 1300 Euro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

splitcro wrote: »
    Thank you very much, so it is about 1200 - 1300 Euro...

If you add in travel costs, meals, etc you may as well round it up to €1500.

I'd estimate that it cost me €3000+ (in total) to get both category C and category C+E.
    (I havent factored-in any CPC costs in my estimates above - I dont plan on driving professionally so I didnt do any CPC exams/classes to date. I also didnt have to do take the CPC practical test as I passed my C test prior to 2008).

Btw, you wont need to do a second medical if your current medical is still valid when you are applying for your full C+E licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement