Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddington 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well it was pretty good. Glad I kept an open mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think myself and the GF were the only adults without children in the screening we visited. I was a bit skeptical about seeing this, having grown up watching repeats of the old Michael Hordern narrated cartoon, with its lazy, innocent charm, and the trailer for this adaptation made it a look terribly stupid.

On the contrary though, much of the charm, sweetness and warmth from the old cartoon remained intact, and we quite enjoyed ourselves really. It's not an essential film, and there wasn't much of the script written for the adults to enjoy, but it was all very silly and funny without being overly infantile (that probably seems like an odd thing to say about a children's film). If you were accompanying kids to a film, you could do a lot worse than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Going on Sunday with my five year old, will report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

This is perfect for Christmas, a film that the whole family can enjoy. Thumbs up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Myself and four friends saw it last night (average age 50!). We loved it! It's really sweet and Paddington is very well animated. You want to hug him :o. We went to the 8.45 showing and there were no kids in the cinema. Bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am off to see this tomorrow. I have been a huge Paddington fan all my life and just hope they have not ruined him and tried to retain the charm of the books and older shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was given a present of this for my birthday on DVD , absolutely delighted that it kept the warmth and charm of the original series. Makes up for transformers 2 to 4. Smiled the whole way through it.

Advertisement