Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Baggage Aer Lingus

Options
  • 24-11-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Is it cheaper to book in an extra bag online or is it the same as at the airport for a long haul flight? I have tried looking at the AL website but getting slightly confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I would assume it's the same whether you book online or just do it at the airport. This has been my experience with other airlines anyway.

The baggage fees here only list one price (75 euro for a 2nd bag, weighing up to 23 kg, one way).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

That's what I was thinking too but found this somewhere on the site, "Pay online up to two hours before departure at a discount or pay the full fee at the airport"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

When I flew to the US a few months ago, I had two extra suitcases and it was the same price to pay online or at the airport for them. (€75 per bag.) Different airlines may have different rules though.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

That might just apply to European flights, where you can pay for your baggage when booking or when checking in online.

Do you have a flight booked with AL? You could try going to the 'Manage Booking' section and see whether it is possible to add bags for your trip.

Advertisement