Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Bills --- overridden bill still charged

Options
  • 24-11-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I will be ringing about this tomorrow.

I got a bill for €37.78 but before I received it I submit a reading.

I then got another bill and the €38.78 was included in the new bill as arrears and the new bill was €43.

However I was just looking at my account and I see that the €38.78 was taken from my account when it shouldn't have been. The €43 is due to be taken tomorrow but I am running a very tight ship and there isn't funds in the account! 

I am going to lodge to the account tomorrow but I imagine that the bank will refuse the DD before I get there. I will be charged €12.70 for non-payment of a DD and I will be looking for this to be credited on my Gas account (as EI has erred in claiming the €37.78).

I am happy to pay the €43 bill by LASER after I lodge and have the EI account in credit but am not happy that your mistake is going to induce the €12.70 non-payment charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Hi folks the bill was debited in two parts: €37 and then €6 so happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Jippo,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding this. We'd need to take a look at your account before we can advise you about this, could you please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder and we'll happy to assist.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Jippo,

Your reply just came through as I was posting above. Glad to read your issue is resolved but if you'd like us to look into anything for you, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement