Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competency Based Interview?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have an Interview coming up soon and it's competency based. Iv been looking online for tips and methods to follow and they all seem to be a great help, there's just one problem.

A common question seems to be, Describe a situation in which you dealt with a difficult customer, and what did you do to resolve it.

I'm only an undergrad I haven't actually had any experience with customers so is there any way I could spin the question and answer it another way?

I'd appreciate any tips or advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I suppose what they're looking for is how you deal with conflict.

Could you perhaps use an example of a team based project that you worked on where someone else had a difference of opinion and you had to firstly empathise, then negotiate, compromise on some things but remain firm on some issues that you had to "win".

Advertisement