Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest No Excess Health Insurance Policy

Options
  • 24-11-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a VHI or Laya plan comparable to Laya's Company Care Plus that is cheaper? Specifically policies with no excess?

My parents are both in their 70s, one has received cardiac treatment in last few years, one has been treated for cancer.
    Their renewal has gone up by 300e per person this year to 1650e.

After some searching, I found Laya Company Care Choice at 1380e, but they are not keen on the excess - concerned about running up a high number of claims in the year. I did suggest setting aside the 500e savings to cover claims but they are very cautious.

They like that Company Care Plus has no excess, and has full cover for orthopedic (e.g. hip replacement) procedures.
    They don't have to have private room in private hospital. Private room in public hospital, or semi-private room in private hospital is ok.

I'm probably looking for a needle in a haystack that doesn't exist, most policies labelled "no excess" are considerably more expensive than their current plan... but thanks in advance for your consideration.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 martiga

Hi there

Laya healthcare "total health select" plan is very good (coperate plan avail for anyone)
    1652 per annum per adult

Day to day refund for only 1 euro excess

To purshase the above plan you need to call Laya not avail online

Visit hia.ie to see all plan benefits

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Company Care Plus is currently the cheapest plan on the market with noexcess, full orthopaedic cover and high day to day benefits.
    What you could look at doing is upgrading to Toatal health Select which is reducing in price to €1523 on 1 Decemeber.

Advertisement