Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould paint additive safe for child?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We had our bedroom painted with VC175 Mould Stop Paint additive today. It stinks!
    We were told it was safe to sleep in the room once the paint was dry, and as we have vistitors, this means our 1.5yr old is sleeping there tonight.

Painting stopped at 4pm. But when i went to put baby to sleep, my throat and eyes were burning from being in the room. I can't find information online anywhere about the safety of mould additives. Is it safe to leave her there to sleep tonight? She has severe food allergies, so I'm a little fearful that she may be more irritated than most by fumes etc. Himself isn't too worried about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

woollyhat wrote: »
    We had our bedroom painted with VC175 Mould Stop Paint additive today. It stinks!
    We were told it was safe to sleep in the room once the paint was dry, and as we have vistitors, this means our 1.5yr old is sleeping there tonight.

Painting stopped at 4pm. But when i went to put baby to sleep, my throat and eyes were burning from being in the room. I can't find information online anywhere about the safety of mould additives. Is it safe to leave her there to sleep tonight? She has severe food allergies, so I'm a little fearful that she may be more irritated than most by fumes etc. Himself isn't too worried about it.

I think you know the answer yourself. Move the child into another room

Advertisement