Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esker Woods Lucan

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi just wondering had anyone any advise on what this estate is like? Thinking of buying there. The house is on a corner and has the footpath from the willsbrook road / elmbrook running beside the boundary wall. Any info wud b great tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ha, I know the house you're referring to! I live around the corner by Willsbrook Park and have been here for over 7 years. Esker, along with the other nearby estates is very settled and nice and quiet. No trouble.
    Handy for the bus into town and relatively painless to get onto the main road before 8 in the morning. After that, it can get quite clogged with all the school traffic (the area has about 5 schools crammed into quite a small radius).
    It's about 25mins stroll to Lucan village, as is Liffey Valley.
    Plenty of parks around as well. Spar up in Pennyhill which is about 10mins walk.

I like the area and am certainly in no rush to move away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hools

Thanks for the reply. The area seems nice enough and I'm familiar with lucan. That house you can actually hop the wall onto the footpath so trying to figure out if it would it create an opportunity for unsavory characters. Also we'd need to extend to the side if we went for it. A lot to consider. Tks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I've never heard of any issues regarding that aspect of security. To be fair, it's no more exposed than any of the houses when you go down towards the roundabout onto Castle Road.
    I always thought that there was a good opportunity to extend off the side of that house!

Advertisement