Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets outside event

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

would you get tickets at face value outside mgs before a game starts cheap{face value] game I WANTED TO SEE, I HAVE BEEN since TOLD I'M GOING to american football game. I now have only one more chance to see a hockey game before i leave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Stubhub is safer. Buying from scalpers is an experience. You can get down to face value and even below but it's unpredictable, dubious legality and if it's your one and only chance of a game could leave you disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

you have to be REALLY careful doing this

1) you could be sold fake tickets and not get beyond the door
    2) scalping of tickets is illegal in most (if not all) states.
    3) scalpers want profit...so if they are legit, there is going to be a cost to them

Your best bet is scouring stub hub or craigslist for tickets...I personally wouldn't trust outside door sales as far as i could throw them. I sell tickets to concerts etc on craigslist every so often at face value if I can't make the show...but i'd never waste my time going down to a venue to sell the tickets if i couldn't make the show/game myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I really would love to see the rangers vs the flyers for the experience. I can get a ticket for just under a 100. My mother may have to miss out. Not welling to pay anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Be careful...my cousin went to Stevie Wonder in Chicago and saw people turned away for fake tickets. Sometimes in the bars around a stadium, you'll run into people who are going to the game but who have extra tickets due to people in their party bailing last minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

craigslist.com

owners tickets

for popular game you will pay lot of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I used StubHub quite a few times and never had any issues. It is by far the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Stubhub or Craigslist. But I wouldnt get one on the street.

I know nothing about hockey but under a $100 sounds like a good deal for a NFL ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Stubhub or Craigslist. But I wouldnt get one on the street.

I know nothing about hockey but under a $100 sounds like a good deal for a NFL ticket.

almost too good for a derby game, on Black Friday....in NYC

Advertisement