Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Scooter or motorcycle

• 24-11-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all just wondering what would be better I'm going to be starting of driving.I'm 16 and thinking about either getting a moped or a 80cc motorcycle just would like to know which would be better for starting out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Since a moped can't exceed 45km/h unless you're living in a large city I'd get the biggest bike you can insure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you cant meet girls on a moped

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Varadero 125.
    A very big bike despite being only a 125.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dean16

Don't think Id be meeting any girls on a nsr 80 either haha.insurance for the bike is going to cost me in and around 1500e so that's the the only reason I was going to get a moped.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

have to plus the Varadero 125, loved mine when i had it, and i wasnt even restricted to a 125 bike at the time. just got the option to buy one at a good price and went with it.
    that said its all about what style of bike your interested in really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Look into Yamaha TDR 125. They are pretty cheap to insure at least they used to be.

Wouldn't be able to get a varedero over the power to weight ratio.and a 125 is in and around 2250 for me to insure with me age

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If you wait until you're 18 you can get the A2 licence. Won't have to do your driving test twice to get the Full A licence unlike with A1.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    If you wait until you're 18 you can get the A2 licence. Won't have to do your driving test twice to get the Full A licence unlike with A1.

I don't mind doing the test twice its just the insurance that's killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Honda MSX125

• Advertisement

Or motoped...
    Downhill bike with a 50cc motor!
    www.motoped-choose-your-adventure.com
    damn that link doesn't seem to work, on phone and not sure how to fix it, but do Google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

lostboy75 wrote: »
    Or motoped...
    Downhill bike with a 50cc motor!
    The Black Ops edition is mental...LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Amother vote for the Varadero

absolutely! everyone needs access to knives and a crossbow when in around town. would greatly simplify commuting

Advertisement