Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre Newport, Co Tipperary

Options
  • 25-11-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Why is Newport, Co. Tipperary showing up as enable for eFibre, and I can't find anyone who can avail of it? 

I tried my telephone number and the telephone numbers of a number of businesses in the town yet the response from the line checker is showing up as not available in the area?

It has being this way for a number of months now.

Can you explain why we can't avail of eFibre?

Thanks
    Ki

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ki wrote: »
    Why is Newport, Co. Tipperary showing up as enable for eFibre, and I can't find anyone who can avail of it? 

I tried my telephone number and the telephone numbers of a number of businesses in the town yet the response from the line checker is showing up as not available in the area?

Thanks
    Ki
    Hi ki

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets serving specific locations within a greater area like Newport, unlike regular broadband where is available upon an enabled exchange. [/font]

The following map will offer you a much better insight in to plans based on the deployment of such cabinets: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Thanks
    Ki
    Hi ki

The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets serving specific locations within a greater area like Newport, unlike regular broadband where is available upon an enabled exchange.

The following map will offer you a much better insight in to plans based on the deployment of such cabinets: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al
    I'm within 1 km of a live cabinet, how do I find out what cabinet my house is  connected to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks
    Ki
    Hi ki

The availability of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets serving specific locations within a greater area like Newport, unlike regular broadband where is available upon an enabled exchange.

Thanks
    Al
    I'm within 1 km of a live cabinet, how do I find out what cabinet my house is  connected to?
    If you would like to PM me your land line number I can look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

Hi Ki

I'm in Newport with eFibre  but your not the only one there with the connection issue. There is a lot of over lapping cabinets.
    Friend lives same distance as me from the same cabinet (opposite direction) , Fibre not enabled for him as it turns out his house connects else where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Joeface wrote: »
    Hi Ki

I'm in Newport with eFibre  but your not the only one there with the connection issue. There is a lot of over lapping cabinets.
    Friend lives same distance as me from the same cabinet (opposite direction) , Fibre not enabled for him as it turns out his house connects else where

Hi Joeface

I agree it is frustrating when one Customer can get efibre but another cannot. The process of rolling out efibre is ongoing but it is not guaranteed to be available to all Customers within a 'green shaded area' on the map for instance. I do understand your point about cabinets- It is the case that not all Customers would be connected to the closest geographical cabinet to them.

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Hi Eir, 

Its 3 years on from originally asking, and while many parts of our village/small town have fiber broadband. I am still stuck on a 10MB line - that has some serious contention issues. 

I asked via the Eir chat about availability and have being told that is not currently available. - but there are technicians in the area working on "that". 
    When I asked about what "that" means he pushed me to sales. 

Sales tells me it not at my location and that they can't give time lines, and no further information. 

My question to you is, how do I find out if my house is in Eir's current plans to connect to Fiber or is my location in the 300,000 locations added to Eir's plans yesterday or do I have to wait for the National Broad Plan? 

Thanks in advance 
    ki. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi ki,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

If you would like to PM me your full name and account number and I will have a further look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

Advertisement