Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a used samsung galaxy s3 (HELP)

Options
  • 25-11-2014 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi all iam thinking of buying my son a used samsung galaxy s3 but the problem is i know nothing about smart phone's. the phone i was thinking of buying is locked to tesco but that is no biggie as 3 of us in the house are on the tesco network but i dont know what to look out for when buying a smart phone whether it is locked or a lemon i must state i know nothing about this type of phone and any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

hairyface

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

HELP ANYONE ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Buying a used mobile is a lottery even if you know what you are doing. If you don't know anything about mobiles I'd advise against it.

Buy a new Moto G instead. The S3 is a 2yr old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

cheers but he wants an s3 for xmas i would prefer to buy him a new one but i cant afford to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I wouldn't advise buying a new one. Samsung have dropped it off the official updates list. Its 225 in argos. What happens if you find a problem with a used one. You've no warranty. The you have thrown 120~150 down the drain. its just not a good buy. If you must have one, get one off some place that will sell you a warranty with it. You might get lucky, you might not. Thats the risk with a used phone.

Advertisement