Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco, Chicago or NYC in February

Options
  • 25-11-2014 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Its looking likely that I will be going to Las Vegas in February for 3 or 4 nights. I don't see that point in flying that far for such a short period so I'm thinking I might combine it with another city and make a week long trip out of it.

I've been to SF and NYC twice before and would gladly go back to either again, I have relatives in both so that's a plus too. I've never been to Chicago and it's very high on my list of city of places I want to visit.

My only concern is weather that time of year, I'm guessing NYC and Chicago is pretty much guaranteed chilly weather with the possibility of snow? Where as San Francisco should be pretty nice and mild.

Am I right to have issue with the weather or are these cities actually fine for all things tourism that time of year?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

try and go late February the weather will be better

1 degree centergrade

sometimes -8

8 feet of snow

stay downtown where they shovel snow off pavements and roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

braddun wrote: »
    sometimes -8

8 feet of snow

Jesus, and the city functions as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

You can be sure that it WILL be cold. Sometimes -30C with wind chill in Chicago. You are certain to have snow. Yes the city and everything else functions normally. Don't forget Mayors have lost seats over the streets not being plowed in time.

San Francisco can be cold also. OK it isn't going to be freezing but it will be chilly.

Winter is winter and February is a cold month

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

February is the shortest month of the year but it feels like the longest one here, bitter cold, in the Bronx Zoo last year they had to take the Polar bears inside as it was too cold for them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

NYC2013 wrote: »
    February is the shortest month of the year but it feels like the longest one here, bitter cold, in the Bronx Zoo last year they had to take the Polar bears inside as it was too cold for them lol

I have twice experienced the New York City February cold. It is vicious in the shade but you'll still have a great time. The heaviest snowfall in 40 years or so caused our flight to be cancelled in 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

NSAman wrote: »
    San Francisco can be cold also. OK it isn't going to be freezing but it will be chilly.

I've lived here in SF 3 winters now and it has barely got below 8c in the day time. What we're all hoping for this year is that it rains as normal. Last year we had 1/3 the amount of rain in the "Rainy season" of November to May.

Advertisement