Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go to last read post

Options
  • 25-11-2014 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

On the excellent mobile version of boards (long may it continue) when I click on a subscribed thread it automatically brings me to the next unread post.

How does one do this on the full site?

Many thanks helpdesk folk.

edit: I found the go to unread first unread post button after well reading the screen, but is there a way to do this automatically like on the mobile site?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's the little arrow next the name of the last poster when you view the thread title at the forum level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭ratracer

Spear wrote: »
    It's the little arrow next the name of the last poster when you view the thread title at the forum level.

When i click on that arrow it takes me to the last post in the thread, as opposed to the last read post in the thread?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ratracer wrote: »
    When i click on that arrow it takes me to the last post in the thread, as opposed to the last read post in the thread?

Hmm, seems you're right. I was sure there was a way to do this though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's the downward pointing arrow to the right of the thread title on the full site you're looking for. It's only there for threads that have new posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Aha! Nice.

Thank you very much.

I think the mobile site way is better but this is the same just a smaller target.

• Advertisement
Advertisement