Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance while abroad

Options
  • 25-11-2014 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys need some help.

Iv been in Oz for 1 year and my current travel insurance (Multitrip.ie) has run out and they will not renew. Im heading off travelling again now, after working in WA for the last few months and need some cover. I have tried Southern Cross and Columbus but no luck. Just sent an email to Caremed there so hoping to hear back.

I need baggage and flight cover, hospital/illness cover and I would really prefer to have cover so that I can get home to Ireland in case of a family illness or death. Most of the travel will be domestically within Oz but some will be Asia and Indonesia also.

Is this asking too much!

Hope someone can shed some light for me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

JJRocket wrote: »
    Hi guys need some help.

Iv been in Oz for 1 year and my current travel insurance (Multitrip.ie) has run out and they will not renew. Im heading off travelling again now, after working in WA for the last few months and need some cover. I have tried Southern Cross and Columbus but no luck. Just sent an email to Caremed there so hoping to hear back.

I need baggage and flight cover, hospital/illness cover and I would really prefer to have cover so that I can get home to Ireland in case of a family illness or death. Most of the travel will be domestically within Oz but some will be Asia and Indonesia also.

Is this asking too much!

Hope someone can shed some light for me :)

I normally get it through Allianz when booking flights if I'm overly concerned.
    I don't think they will cover repatriation to Ireland if your policy commences in Oz though, that would be a big ask I think. They should be able to cover your travel, baggage hospital/illness and repatriation to Oz from SE Asia though. It's only worth having if you aren't doing anything that is going to make it null and void though (alcohol and pharmaceutically speaking) as hurting yourself under the influence (Or in many cases on a jet ski or scooter) will land you outside of your cover. Read the t's and c's very carefully and don't do anything silly or buy any cover that won't be of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I've never used them but I've seen them recommended on here http://www.worldnomads.com/

Advertisement