Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound left June- Bins collected Aug - GH still seeking

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Long story short, July 2014 we left Greyhound(giving them notice and closing our account, notifying them re bins left our for retrieval by them….).

My husband contacted them Tues 29 July (by email) as despite repeated requests, they hadn’t picked up and he is worried about us being charged for their ‘property’ .

He contacted them again Tues 5 Aug (by email) and a named person in their Customer Service replied that our account would be closed up monies-wise and arrangements made by GH to collect the bins.

Finally, GH emailed us Tues 19 Aug and informed us that they would duly be collected the following day, Weds 20 Aug – which indeed happened!

The problem?

We are getting periodic communciations every few weeks since that: ‘ our bins have NOT been retrieved by GH and asking us to contact them regarding same’.

I am irritated and inclined to ignore them, but the OH is worried that somehow (as we live in a ‘rough’ area) and would be ill-regarded that GH will somehow continue to hassle us for retrieval of bins that they ALREADY took away (so far as we know) on Weds 20 Aug ….obviously we must assume that GH took them – and not some random hoodlums.

Has anybody out there had a similar problem?

Thanks,
    Olive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Had they requested that the bins be left out intially for collection or want that something you did of your own bat?

If they requested and you left them out it is their responsibility to arrange timely collection so the bins don't go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OliveK

Hi,

No, we received email from them (with actual named human being) stating that they would be collected the following day, Weds 20 Aug 2014.

UPDATE - I fired off an email to them anyway and got a response apologising for lack of communication between their logistics dept and the dept that issued the collection reminders - so hopefully that will be that.

I was doing it to assuage the fears of the OH who hates dealing with this sort of thing.

I also emailed the NCA who came back with the same: 'written communication follow-up' and if GH had got nasty (which I didnt expect or anticipate) to take it the Small Claims Court.
    Not an inspiring response, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive prompt replies at all from either party.

So, thanks for feedback, closing this off.

OliveK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement