Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d3200 w 18-55mm Lens €270 in Argos (€245 with Nikon Cashback)

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

If anyone wants a PDF copy of Nikon D3200 for Dummies and Adobe Elements for Dummies, email me at hello[at]growit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭westeire

-G wrote: »
    Hi westeire

Did you manage to find a taker for the camera?

Sold to loki7777 . Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

any more deals on this guys? Ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Argos have it @ 364 with the Nikon accessories pack (allegedly worth another 100), the 25 Euro back from Nikon when you register the warranty, and a 10 Euro gift card from Argos........

Probably as good as its going to get- and to be honest- it is quite reasonable at this price- if you can find stock.........

Picked this up today after reserving last Mon. Price changed midweek as did pack offer. Would have cost well over the 400 mark but in fairness to Argos they honoured the 364. Thanks for the heads up, the wife will be delighted with this Christmas morning!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I picked it up in Jervis myself today.
    They're not doing the accessory pack free anymore- its a 1/3 off offer on it- its a nice bag and a decent 16Gb class 10 memory card (and a Nikon branded cloth for cleaning the lens).

The manager over-rode the price on the system for me- thankyou- so my little wifey and my two little ones got their dad a lovely Christmas present- which aside from the registering the warranty, I've promised not to touch until Christmas Day. Thankfully they haven't hidden it somewhere on me........

Now to see can I pick up the 55mm-300mm lens somewhere........

If anyone sees the telescopic lens anywhere at a reasonable price- and indeed- the horseshoe flash- perhaps we could change this thread into one about accessories for our new D3200s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yongnuo flashes are excellent value for money. A 565 or 568 will work really well without breaking the bank.

The Nikon 55-200 is pretty cheap (Currys occasionally sell them off on eBay for under £100) and was designed to complement the 18-55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

RZsQk6R.png

Liars from argos.ie dare not even mention that price now. It states:

* Please note item 2598077 has previously been on sale at €364.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

zom wrote: »
    Liars from argos.ie dare not even mention that price now. It states:

* Please note item 2598077 has previously been on sale at €364.99.

They aren't lying, it was on sale for €364.99 last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can the thread title be changed? Clicked into this and now disappointed.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Can the thread title be changed? Clicked into this and now disappointed.

Report it and it will be marked Expired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They aren't lying, it was on sale for €364.99 last week.

So there is no point to read it (and also put it there by argos) if they can have there any price they want.

zom wrote: »
    So there is no point to read it (and also put it there by argos) if they can have there any price they want.

The previous price- is the last price it was sold at before its current price.
    Its not the lowest price it was ever sold at.
    Its automatically populated by the database programme (which is sitting ontop of an apache installation- if you have a root around their website- you'll see what I mean).

Its not a conspiracy- regardless of what people- its a computer programme doing exactly what its programmed to do........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the lowest price I assume wouldn't include "misprices" though........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

It would;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Sick i Missed this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

80s Child wrote: »
    Sick i Missed this!!!
    2 weeks now.....that's a lifetime around these parts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

dodzy wrote: »
    2 weeks now.....that's a lifetime around these parts :D

Cheap shot! It'll be remembered. ... ; )

80s Child wrote: »
    Cheap shot! It'll be remembered. ... ; )

Just for you. Not bad considering its unopened.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/nikon-d3200/7025246 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

my cash back came in yesterday, also picked up a 55-200 used lens online so its happy snapping this christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Can any one recommend a good camera bag for this camera - thought i dont want to pay thru the roof for this the savings on the deal ill be willing to pay something for one!!

thanks

• Advertisement

dockc wrote: »
    Can any one recommend a good camera bag for this camera - thought i dont want to pay thru the roof for this the savings on the deal ill be willing to pay something for one!!

thanks

The accessory pack has a Nikon branded camera bag for it.
    After that- you have the whole range of Lowe Pro camera bags.
    You're probably going to pay between 40-60 for a bag- regardless of what make it is.......... (keep in mind you've 2-3 lenses, charger, maybe a spare battery and memory cards etc etc)

dockc wrote: »

thanks

Amazon basic range is pretty good. I'm using one now.

The accessory pack has a Nikon branded camera bag for it.
    After that- you have the whole range of Lowe Pro camera bags.
    You're probably going to pay between 40-60 for a bag- regardless of what make it is.......... (keep in mind you've 2-3 lenses, charger, maybe a spare battery and memory cards etc etc)

I got the 3200 BA also but won't be adding any lenses for a while as it's my first venture into DSLR land. Took a punt on this last week. Gets pretty solid reviews and is well priced. Standard lens capacity by the looks of it.

Less than 20€ all in

Actually, I also have a €9.99 Aldi job that is surprisingly good for the money. Fine if you don't have a lot of accessories or more than two lenses.

In relation to the Nikon cashback, how does that work ?

dodzy wrote: »
    In relation to the Nikon cashback, how does that work ?

Take a photo of your receipt and your completed warranty card- and upload them onto the cashback site- you have until the 25th Jan to do so.

Your cashback is sent to you by way of a pre-paid Visa card.

Take a photo of your receipt and your completed warranty card- and upload them onto the cashback site- you have until the 25th Jan to do so.

Your cashback is sent to you by way of a pre-paid Visa card.

Thank you Sir

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

anyone haviing problems trying to register for their 2 year warranty.. side won't load for me, maybe its getting hammered,,

If anyone (like myself) missed out on this amazing deal, and lives in Dublin, Michael Edwards Photography in Donaghmede are selling off refurb D3200's for €320 at the moment. I went over today, and picked one up today for €300.

It comes with all accessories, 18-55 VR II Kit, and a 6 month guarantee.

Sure, it's not as good as the deal here, but still good value for money. He originally had 5 available, but after picking up mine today, I could see two left on the shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Bump...how did everyone get on with these? Just started researching cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

D3300 is a great camera, the updated version of the one in this thread. The D5300 is even better as it has more features if you want them (wifi, flippable screen etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Ah jaysus I thought this was on offer again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement