Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All Year Biker - Halosmart treatment

• 25-11-2014 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Its the time of year where the councils are out putting the devils work on the roads (salt and grit). They have more of it this year so expect it on the roads for the next few months.

It has its upsides and also downsides, like causing corrosion and rust on your trusty steed :mad:

I'm going to get my Speed Triple treated with ACF50 from these guys http://allyearbiker.co.uk (no affiliation btw) to protect it over the winter. Here's the blurb from the site :

"Much more than just a wash and polish, your bike will undergo our multi-stage process to remove road dirt/salt, old wax or co-polymer coatings, in preparation for the application of ACF50.

High pressure spray equipment atomises ACF50 into a dense mist that penetrates deep into every area of your bike.

For the finishing touches, panels and paintwork are hand polished and waxed to make your bike look outstanding

The best treatment available to make your bike look great and help fight corrosion"

They have a place up in Antrim and I've been in contact with them regarding doing it down South. However they'll need 4-5+ bikes to make it worth their while, so the more the better.

Post here if you're interested and I'll arrange a date. I'll need positive Yeah's , not maybe's so I don't waste their time. The more the better so I can negotiate a discount price with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

So it's £60 standard price for a real thorough clean and the anti corrosion coating? I'm 100% in. Any discount would be great.

I'm based in Leixlip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

That looks great man. Suss out a forum discount.
    Depending how many bikes they can do at a time we get a spin sorted up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Actually lads, looks like I'm going to keep my money closer to home. One of the lads from IBF does this for a living and he's only in Greenhills (D12). Here's his facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

KTRIC wrote: »
    Actually lads, looks like I'm going to keep my money closer to home. One of the lads from IBF does this for a living and he's only in Greenhills (D12). Here's his facebook page.

Does he also do the ACF50 treatment ?
    I would be interested in one for mine so I something is arranged down around Dublin, count me in if time suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Plopli wrote: »
    Does he also do the ACF50 treatment ?
    I would be interested in one for mine so I something is arranged down around Dublin, count me in if time suits me.

From his Facebook on November 1st:

I'll be offering ACF50 treatments from Today on. €25 on a clean bike or €100 for a clean and treatment.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement

I messaged him on Facebook there, hopefully he's not inundated with requests from this thread ha

I'm booked in for the weekend for two bikes. I'll let you all know how I get on

I'm booked in for the weekend for two bikes. I'll let you all know how I get on

For reasons I don't want to go into on the forum I won't be going ahead with the local service. I'll try and get prices for All Year Biker today.

For reasons I don't want to go into on the forum I won't be going ahead with the local service. I'll try and get prices for All Year Biker today.

Sounds like you bumped into an enemy!
    Ya should of challenged him to a duel. Winner washes the others bike for free.

goodlad wrote: »
    Sounds like you bumped into an enemy!
    Ya should of challenged him to a duel. Winner washes the others bike for free.

Not at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Any reason why the rest of us shouldn't use them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Why cant you guys just buy a can of ACF50 and treat the bike yourself.....I have a household steamer (Shark Steamer) with all manner of attachments and it works a treat on my bike to steam off the heavy dirt and just coat the bike yourself with a can of ACF50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why cant you guys just buy a can of ACF50 and treat the bike yourself.....I have a household steamer (Shark Steamer) with all manner of attachments and it works a treat on my bike to steam off the heavy dirt and just coat the bike yourself with a can of ACF50.

Can't be arsed.

Cleaning it is enough of a pain in the winter.

I have a steamer at home too and have used it a few times on the bike. Its great for cleaning the swingarm, sprocket and rims. I keep meaning to clean the bike and then acf50 it but the whole process takes a few hours.

Its enjoyable but its a choice of spend a few hours on a sunday cleaning the bike or go for a spin. OR go for a spin to somewhere like this who will sort the bike for me.

Too cold at the moment, and no shed

Too lazy ...

I'll try and get prices for All Year Biker today.

Any update on group discount/availability?

Too lazy and too cold.....cant argue with that.

M450 wrote: »
    Any update on group discount/availability?

Sorry, decided to do this myself at home instead. Myself and the missus realised we have everything here to do it and it'll cost a fraction of the price.

Sorry, decided to do this myself at home instead. Myself and the missus realised we have everything here to do it and it'll cost a fraction of the price.

Proper order.....

• Advertisement

Would you take care of mine ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I get my bike done twice a year by these guys. A great job. Host them at my house, so I get a discount, and get three mates round. I supply the bacon sarnies and we have a catch up. Great day.

I know anyone can buy a fan of ACF but they apply it with an atomiser, which I don't have, which is apparently the most effective way of applying it. In addition, the wash they do is very, very good. Also, I am really freaking lazy.

I am pretty sure the guys I use travel or to Ireland fairly regularly to do sessions. Would be worth checking if anything is coming up. I am sure if you could organise a bunch of bikes then you might be able to organise a visit.

Would highly recommend.

MrP

This should just about cover my little Speed Triple !! :rolleyes:

I spoke to allyear in the north, he needs 10 bikes orals the charge goes up.

So anyone in the Galway/Mayo region want to do it after xmas I guess

Jaysus wasn't expecting 10, seems extreme. I'd be up for Dublin area if we get enough interest

Maybe it is 10 just for the west of Ireland, Dublin should be easier for him

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

M450 wrote: »
    Jaysus wasn't expecting 10, seems extreme. I'd be up for Dublin area if we get enough interest

Whats the Price? I would be up for getting it done. I have a can of ACF50 and do clean and treat it myself but Im sure they will do it better.

leppla wrote: »
    Whats the Price? I would be up for getting it done. I have a can of ACF50 and do clean and treat it myself but Im sure they will do it better.

They would want to be putting it on with a toothbrush under a microscope with free 4 course meals and a backrub for the price they charging.

They would want to be putting it on with a toothbrush under a microscope with free 4 course meals and a backrub for the price they charging.

I think they use the atomiser which I don't have and as that gets into all bits then isn't it worth it

• Advertisement

thecivvie wrote: »
    I think they use the atomiser which I don't have and as that gets into all bits then isn't it worth it
    And it looks like a really good clean they do before coating it, like a once a year showroom quality clean

Advertisement