Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Insurance ( mondial )

Options
  • 25-11-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

wondering if you can help.

I bought tickets last week and must have hit to buy insurance ( which i didn't want) sent the email off straight away to get it refunded and got a reply last Monday 17th saying refund will be in my account in 3-5 working days.

Murphys law we now cant go to the gig - i checked my account a funds still not in my account ( this is now 7 working days )

so I called Mondial and the girl put me on hold for 5 or 10 minutes and came back advising i cant claim and there was a problem with the refund and she re- requested it and it will take another 3-5 working days.

my point to her is it makes me suggest that the claim was never cancelled until today and refund only requested.

i understand it is half my fault as i wanted it cancelled in the first place, but it seems that it was never done until now.

Have i a leg to stand on? obviously i would like the €100 for the ticket rather than €13 for insurance refund

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

fitzparker wrote: »
    Hi all,

wondering if you can help.

I bought tickets last week and must have hit to buy insurance ( which i didn't want) sent the email off straight away to get it refunded and got a reply last Monday 17th saying refund will be in my account in 3-5 working days.

Murphys law we now cant go to the gig - i checked my account a funds still not in my account ( this is now 7 working days )

so I called Mondial and the girl put me on hold for 5 or 10 minutes and came back advising i cant claim and there was a problem with the refund and she re- requested it and it will take another 3-5 working days.

my point to her is it makes me suggest that the claim was never cancelled until today and refund only requested.

i understand it is half my fault as i wanted it cancelled in the first place, but it seems that it was never done until now.

Have i a leg to stand on? obviously i would like the €100 for the ticket rather than €13 for insurance refund

No, you cancelled the insurance.

You should just try and sell the ticket for face value.

E.G. I cancel my car insurance, the policy is not in force from that moment but the refund on the remainder doesnt come until some time later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Thanks, I will try sell them but it seemed if they forgot to process the refund did the actually forget to cancel the claim itself and only did it on the call and told me my refund will be another 3-5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scano001

Purchased tickets from Ticketmaster last night, as usual the handling charge per ticket was ridicules but I now have a beef with what seems to be a scam. As soon as I placed my order I got a mail from Mondial advising me I had purchased insurance. I know I did not opt into any insurance. What is going on? I though it was illegal to trap people like this and you had to make a choice if you wanted to purchase extra services.

I'm guessing it is something that a lot of people get caught by, because as soon as I sent a mail requesting cancellation of the policy, I got an automatic reply saying if my mail was in connection with a refund, to allow 5-7 days for the request to be processed. It would indicate that most of their mails are in connection with cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

scano001 wrote: »
    Purchased tickets from Ticketmaster last night, as usual the handling charge per ticket was ridicules but I now have a beef with what seems to be a scam. As soon as I placed my order I got a mail from Mondial advising me I had purchased insurance. I know I did not opt into any insurance. What is going on? I though it was illegal to trap people like this and you had to make a choice if you wanted to purchase extra services.

I'm guessing it is something that a lot of people get caught by, because as soon as I sent a mail requesting cancellation of the policy, I got an automatic reply saying if my mail was in connection with a refund, to allow 5-7 days for the request to be processed. It would indicate that most of their mails are in connection with cancellation.

you did purchase it, theres a box to tick. Most people inadvertently do it.

Well if MOST people do it then there is something wrong with the form, from the customers point of view. And if it is known that MOST people do it and there was a real interest in customer care, it would be changed... As a Ryanair customer of old, when on a website, I would never click a box without looking closely at what it was for. I genuinely believe I did not click any box. I think like MOST there is a flaw with the Ticketmaster site and the Mondial insurance option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah, it's not a scam, you ticked the box to request the addition of the insurance.

Previously, a certain well-known low-frills airline added insurance by default and you had to deselect the box to avoid it, but that is no longer the case and it certainly isn't the case with Ticketmaster insurance.

A useless product? Maybe. A scam? No.

Well if MOST people do it then there is something wrong with the form, from the customers point of view. And if it is known that MOST people do it and there was a real interest in customer care, it would be changed... As a Ryanair customer of old, when on a website, I would never click a box without looking closely at what it was for. I genuinely believe I did not click any box. I think like MOST there is a flaw with the Ticketmaster site and the Mondial insurance option.

my "most" referred to most people that select it do not want it not that most people do it.

my "most" referred to most people that select it do not want it not that most people do it.
    My point exactly!!!

My point exactly!!!

but you did select it (probably unknowingly)
    heres the screenshot you saw
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88827469&postcount=7

Thanks for the screen shoot, it just confirms to me that it defaulted to Yes, I did not choose insurance. Anyway, I got a confirmation mail saying I'm getting a refund.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the screen shoot, it just confirms to me that it defaulted to Yes, I did not choose insurance. Anyway, I got a confirmation mail saying I'm getting a refund.
    it doesn't - its highlighted but not selected - try for other tickets and you will see

Advertisement