Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2014 Thread - 14th/December/2014 *Spoilers*

• 25-11-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

1477871_935314109830416_5890738674808504022_n.jpg?oh=293e7d5615c68e3f0f17305aa754f517&oe=54D9A3D3&__gda__=1424130714_a48f1805c3727b9859ff5cc0331d760e

Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Match
    Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

Chairs Match
    Ryback vs. Kane

Just under three weeks away.
    Roman Reigns
    is being featured in local television advertisements for the TLC network event in December.
    There was some speculation that John Cena may get his WWE World Heavyweight Title shot against Brock Lesnar at December's TLC pay-per-view as Lesnar will be returning to TV next month. It hasn't been confirmed that Cena vs. Lesnar won't take place at TLC but Cena is also being considered for a Tables, Ladders & Chairs three-way with Seth Rollins and Randy Orton. Either way, it looks like Rollins will be in the Tables, Ladders & Chairs match. If the three-way doesn't happen, the other option being considered is Rollins vs. Orton.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ziggler Vs. Rollins in a ladder match for the MITB contract would be good imo

Is it too soon this ppv for HHH Vs. Sting, probably better for RR or WM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If they're going down the route of having Sting fight, it needs more than three weeks build with one already gone....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If they're going down the route of having Sting fight, it needs more than three weeks build with one already gone....

I'd say they're gonna drag out the sting thing for ALOT longer than 3 weeks. I reckon we won't see him until the rumble with a match at WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Smackdown
    Chair match Kane vs. Ryback

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Based on their scuffle this past week on Raw, i'd imagine Erick Rowan will face off against Big Show at TLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What is WWE doing with Dolph Ziggler exactly? He seems to be getting a rejuvenated push after his 2013 World Title win/concussion/fall from grace, with a run with the IC Title from August to November (apart from the one day Miz held it), and then the big "sole survivor" win at Survivor Series.

So he should be moving on to bigger and better things, right? But it looks like it'll be Ziggle/Harper at this show for the IC Title in a ladder match. A match that can't help both men. Okay, they might have a good match (I like both guys), but booking wise, either Harper retains, and Ziggler suffers a loss after his big win at Survivor Series and kills his momentum, or Ziggler wins the IC Title for a 4th time and stays in the midcard for the near future and Harper loses the title less than 4 weeks after winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So no Lesnar and world title match again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Replace Battle with world champion and you get my point :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No but we got Cena in another main event, all the kiddies and ladies say yaaaaaay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I actually hope Dolph Ziggler wins the Intercontinental title again. But was it announced last night?

• Advertisement

I actually hope Dolph Ziggler wins the Intercontinental title again.
    Why? Harper is a breath of fresh air as IC champion, instead of the usual revolving door of the likes of The Miz, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, all three of those have held the belt four times each.

Eh, I like Dolph Ziggler?

I actually hope Dolph Ziggler wins the Intercontinental title again. But was it announced last night?

No but it was
    Announced on this week's Smackdown, Ladder Match for the IC Title, Harper Vs. Ziggler

Eh, I like Dolph Ziggler?
    Yes, so do I. Which is why I want him to move up the card, not win the midcard title again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The show has been renamed
    B3--bVPIUAAD32k.png

B3--xxSCEAAfBLZ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

They might as well give a letter to every possible weapon that could be used and put it in the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its on Sky Sports 1 :eek:

What the hell is a stairs match & how will it work, also surprised that TLC will be on Sky Sports 1, isn't it usually a Sky Box Office PPV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It was on Sky Sports last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What the hell is a stairs match & how will it work

to win you have to use the stairs to reach up and grab the brass ring

• Advertisement

Yes, so do I. Which is why I want him to move up the card, not win the midcard title again.
    I get far more enjoyment out of wrestling when I try to focus on the positives in it.

I get far more enjoyment out of wrestling when I try to focus on the positives in it.
    Fair enough, but I don't see a lot positives in Dolph not moving up the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guessing stairs will be the weapon in the Big Show/Rown match with them using them against each other the past week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fair enough, but I don't see a lot positives in Dolph not moving up the card.

I'm a big Dolph fan. The big problem is a lack of good heels though. That the likes of Big Show, Kane and Bray Wyatt are currently feuding with some of the most current and hot faces is indicative of the difficulty faces are facing in really getting over with great feuds.

At the moment, we've Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar who are really really uppercard heels. Lesnar doesn't do matches against up and comers to put them over. He does money matches. There's only so much of Rollins to go around. Rusev hasn't been defeated yet so he isn't in a position to be putting up and comers over while staying strong.

Bringing in Sting as a face was a very bad idea for me IMO even if the initial execution was excellent. When Mania comes around he's taking away another of the high profile heels from the card, when you could have had an up and coming Ziggler against HHH and perhaps Cena vs Sting, leaving Rollins for Ambrose.

Orton is another excellent heel so they need to bring him back still heel rather than adding him to that massively oversized face pecking order.

Things may start to change once Rusev becomes established in the upper card and if Harper is still relevant in 6 months. But at the moment, the opportunities for an up and coming face aren't good. We need strong heels to establish themselves and we need heelturns that work.

How much room is there for Cena, Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback, Orton and Sting to all be top faces come Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rovert wrote: »
    It was on Sky Sports last year.

There were to be no more PPVs on normal Sky sports after night of champions

TLC Card:

Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Match
    Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Luke Harper vs Dolph Ziggler

Chairs Match
    Korporate KAnE vs RyBack

Steel Stairs Match
    Erick Rowan vs The Big Show

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    Miz & Damien MizDow vs The Usos

United States Championship Match
    Rusev vs Jack Swagger

Tables Match
    John Cena vs Seth Rollins

UPDATED TLC CARD

Tables match: John Cena vs. Seth Rollins. (If Cena loses, he is no longer #1 contender to the WWE World Hvt. Title held by Brock Lesnar.)

TLC match: Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt.

Ladder match: Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title.

Chairs match: Ryback vs. Kane.

Tag Title match: The Miz & Damien Sandow vs. The Usos.

Stairs match: Big Show vs. Erick Rowan.

U.S. Title match: Rusev vs. Jack Swagger.

Divas Title match: Nikki Bella vs. A.J. Lee.

Pre-show match: New Day (combination of Kofi Kingston & Big E. & Xavier Woods) vs. Goldust & "Stardust" Cody Rhodes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Cant really say im looking forward to this. Its been a really poor build up IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tugboats wrote: »
    Cant really say im looking forward to this. Its been a really poor build up IMO
    Very little you can do in 3 weeks, so pointless having these PPVs.

• Advertisement

If TLCS was an Indy show

10383089_621981671257374_5950430050191780787_n.jpg?oh=2b65e91ee6d8423328fb2e511f4cd4df&oe=5545C58F&__gda__=1430261559_1b90c73c31c9309dddd6c56fd092012e

Advertisement