Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2014 Thread - 14th/December/2014 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That was a f*cking terrible ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Sandman is going to be looking for is blind man gimmick back.

I know it's not a "big" PPV but WWE are really shooting themselves in the foot with bull**** like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That PPV was kinda like WWE saying "Screw it, it's the end of the year, who cares about the ends of matches any more!"

Two matches on the same night on a PPV ending with competitors getting blinded is just moronic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think I've finally reached the point where I'm tired of WWE writers insulting my intelligence. Suspended disbelief I can do, but this is just nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE SHORT CIRCUITS AT TLCS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

How quickly you can go from being reminded why you love wrestling on Thursday night, to remembering how much you hate wrestling on Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT wins the live shows this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

That seemed like one of those things where they thought it would it would protect Ambrose in defeat and give Wyatt a much needed win. Instead it made him look like a moron. Don't get the hate for Wyatt on here, it's not his fault he's booked poorly, his agility, speed and brute force is so impressive to watch. Both men put in their shift though, easily the only real bright spot of the entire show besides the finish.

• Advertisement

That seemed like one of those things where they thought it would it would protect Ambrose in defeat and give Wyatt a much needed win. Instead it made him look like a moron. Don't get the hate for Wyatt on here, it's not his fault he's booked poorly, his agility, speed and brute force is so impressive to watch. Both men put in their shift though, easily the only real bright spot of the entire show besides the finish.
    I just don't give a **** about him in his current guise. I haven't seen him elsewhere but I've not seen much to make me think "Oh maybe after the **** gimmick he's actually going to be amazing in-ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

rovert wrote: »

Sorry, I'm a passing wrestling fan these days, watch the odd raw and PPV here and there but gave up on it after Punk left, is NXT actually known to be better then RAW now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

TimRiggins wrote: »
    is NXT actually known to be better then RAW now?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Heard Reigns made a mare of a backstage promo. It's not too late to change your plans Vinnie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Such a pointless PPV. Starting with your best match rarely sets the stage for a memorable PPV.

It's not that the matches were bad. If you compare this to your typical Raw, it was a very good Raw, it was a bad PPV though. Ziggler vs Harper was the only one that felt like a PPV match instead of a Raw 1.

I get that it was a TLC match and all, but they really finished with the wrong match. The Ambrose v Wyatt match mightnt have come off looking quite so stupid if it wasn't the main event. Cena v Rollins was the 1 with the potentially main event ending. Ramp up the drama, execute the Reigns run-in a little better, the PPV doesn't come off looking quite so pointless.

Who thought it was a good idea to let Roman Reigns do a live promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Must be very careful around my TV now. Jesus didn't know they were such a death trap. Cheers Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

didn't watch it last night should I bother?

Hope we get a Wyatt/Ambrose Blindfold match at Royal Rumble.
    didn't watch it last night should I bother?

The opening match Ziggler vs Harper. Ditch the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

tables match was decent in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Main event was grand besides the finish. Didn't like any other match including the ladder match. The ladder match was strange, in theory it seems like the perfect stipulation match for Ziggler but he just doesn't seem to click with them. Plus there were about 3 times when he was just borderline reckless and dangerous.

I really thought going in it would be the MOTN and a great ladder match and for me it was neither of those things. They both tried hard, but there was zero ebb and flow to the match it was just things happening. They also concentrated way too much on the ladders themselves, there is no need to be brining 11 or 12 ladders into play when you're only gonna use 3 or 4, just created clutter and it showed by how little freedom they had to move around.

Please no Ambrose/Wyatt rematch, get them both in the Rumble even though theyve completely killed any illusion of Ambrose as a legitimate contender.

CSF wrote: »
    Please no Ambrose/Wyatt rematch, get them both in the Rumble even though theyve completely killed any illusion of Ambrose as a legitimate contender.

Actually the two wrestle on the (already taped last week) Tribute to the Troops Special on Tuesday.

WF4ekmD.gif

Actually the two wrestle on the (already taped last week) Tribute to the Troops Special on Tuesday.

WF4ekmD.gif

Grand, decider match for the troops. Very important venue for it. Ambrose wins, moves onto better things, wins the rumble, wins the title at Mania. Beats Rollins on his cashin, gets it on with Cena's mot, everyone lives happily ever after.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What a dreadful show. Just awful.

Ziggler/Harper was grand. The match itself was grand. But the commentary at the end annoyed me. The way Cole was harping on about how the IC title is a stepping stone and it means Ziggler is on his way to bigger and better things....do we just ignore the last three times he's won it? Do we ignore this "massive" win was against someone who has been a singles competitor about two months and has, what, one win to his name? And they'll push it as a big win tonight and ignore it tomorrow.

Ambrose, as much as I love him, is a ****ing idiot. He literally, clear as day, beat himself. Meaning Bray gets nothing from the match, and Dean looks like a moron. You literally had the fans tell you a week ago that he was their breakout star of the year, despite loss after loss after loss....so you end the show with him, which is fantastic, but the closing moments of the show, the main memory everyone takes with them, is he blew himself up with Hornswoggle's TV screen. What a dope! Why should I bother investing in Ambrose if he's just going to take himself out through sheer stupidity. It wasn't even like he tried something big and failed; he just forgot to unplug a TV so killed himself. Awesome work.

Big Show beating Rowen is grand but I hated the way they fed him to Cena minutes later. Cena/Rollins was ok, but I hated the way the referees come down to help decide the winner, but NONE OF THEM SAW CENA PUT ROLLINS THROUGH A TABLE TWO MINUTES AGO!?!?! Again, idiots.

The tag title match was filler designed to hold the feud till the next PPV. Kane/Ryback and Rusev/Swagger get a decent rating by virtue of having clean finishes.

Horrible show. Utterly detest the booking of Ambrose. On the NXT special thread, someone mentioned that the strength of NXT was it wasn't overbooked and overproduced, and this was the utterly opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Middle of the road PPV, lessons should be learned from how NXT is booked & produced.

Also **** you ROMAN REIGNS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Product is in an awful place and Wrestlemania looks like it's going to be a complete dud.

Roman couldn't be further from ready - terrible promos and two moves. Will be the most green champion they have had in a very long time. That "Superman" punch is the most overused move in the past year. DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Cena against Brock, what a way to make the victory over the Undertaker pointless by giving literally no superstar a rub and wasting 3 matches against Cena. Also Cena basically won a 1v4 handicap match against the top heel in the company - Got to keep him strong!

Wyatt is ice cold. No heat whatsoever. Character is ruined, has been since Cena. All efforts to repair that damage since have failed. He's essentially gotten pounded on by Ambrose in 2 separate PPV's now.

All the wrong guys are being kept strong - Cena, Ryback, Reigns (hint: big guys).

When you see what guys who can work a match can do, and a storyline which isn't overbooked - from the guys who aren't considered ready for the main roster yet, it's mindboggling. And that was supposed to be the performance given after they were fired up from watching NXT. LOL. 4/10. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Also Michael Cole is a f*cking joke. Unprofessional, untalented, clown. Laughs over the main event of a PPV.

Bring back JR and put Heyman on colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reigns needs another year, mother of god help us if he's booked to win the Royal Rumble and goes on to face Brock Lesnar at WRESTLEMANIA 31, it'll be a car wreck of a championship match.

Advertisement