Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2014 Thread - 14th/December/2014 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That has been the plan for a long time. The events of last night don't seem to suggest anything other than that. He pretty much told us he was going to win the Royal Rumble there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It'll be hilarious when he gets boo'ed out of it at the Rumble. Took two weeks for the crowd to turn on Bootista. I can't see the Philly crowd being too kind to a guy shoved down our throats. I think Lithium93_'s right, he needs another year to work on his promos and character, they're at a mid-card level. He has a super look and great signature moves but he's not a great singles wrestler either. Not near the level he'll be expected to perform.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It'll be hilarious when he gets boo'ed out of it at the Rumble. Took two weeks for the crowd to turn on Bootista. I can't see the Philly crowd being too kind to a guy shoved down our throats. I think Lithium93_'s right, he needs another year to work on his promos and character, they're at a mid-card level. He has a super look and great signature moves but he's not a great singles wrestler either. Not near the level he'll be expected to perform.

So hes really no different to Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reigns definitely needs to work on his promos, maybe add some more moves to his repetoire or he'll end up being hated and dubbed Super Cena MKII. Which let's face it that's the way Reigns is going.

Well I didn't really notice the audience booing him last night, and I am sure that's what Vince would use as his defence if criticised for going with him as "the guy." Hurry back, Daniel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Just starting to watch it now,did anyone else spot Harper trolling the crowd with his Johnny Manziel "money" sign?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Well I didn't really notice the audience booing him last night, and I am sure that's what Vince would use as his defence if criticised for going with him as "the guy." Hurry back, Daniel.

Philadelphia or Smark central will be a whole different story. They will sh*t all over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cena stands tall......AGAIN!!!, when he said in a promo a few months back that the future of the company goes through him, he really did mean it, and the future looks bleak.

Roman Reigns can just get lost, no interest in that guy and his ridiculous Superman punch, and as for the end of Ambrose and Wyatt, words fail me.

But at least Dolph won, thats all i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I want Dolph, Ambrose and Miz to form a faction called The Ohio Players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Disappointing finish to otherwise entertaining Ambrose/Wyatt match.Opening Ziggler/Harper ladder match was best of the night imo.
    Cena v Rollins was solid aswell with Roman Reigns returning and cutting a promo later signaling his intentions on winning the Rumble.The remainder of matches were average to good.
    Overall 6.5/10

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

1418643966807i7snn.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just watched it all there now.

An Ok PPV.Started off with a great match with Ziggler/Harper.

I'm not a masive fan of Ziggler but I'm glad he won.

Miz/Mizdow v the Usos was better than i expected.Mizdow made me laugh out loud!

Rowan v Big Show is a bad pairing from the start. 2 big slow guys who are good but need someone to make things exciting who can quicken the pace.It was a very poor match.

Cena v Rollins had all their good work ruined by Cena winning. It just says no matter what Cena will always be number one. A Cena getting screwed would have been a better ending but as usual SuperCena wins. I am a Cena fan but he needs a new look/makeover or even a slightly differnt Attitude.He needs his own AA!! Grinning away when the fans chant Cena Sucks/Lets go Cena is old by now. Again it just means "so what,we will just continue no matter what with Cena winning" Even if he gave the fans who hate him a bit of needle by saying " You know you love me" and did the usual for the kids. This would give him leeway without a heel turn.It could easily be done. Not just saying I keep doing the same thing either way.

Reigns coming out was good as he is best kept to these short and sweet kind of stuff.He is badly exposed when he has to do a long promo or match. I agree with others here that he needs another year before he should be main eventing.He will get there but its not there yet. If they push it too much there will be a backlash and they will have to turn him heel which is always easier to do.

Nikki Bella v AJ lee was the usual. I used to say at least they are trying but after seeing the womens NXT match they could do a lot better. Really I mean Nikki Bella here. Most of the Divas could do with 6 months solid training in NXT to improve.

Kane v Ryback was another poor match. Same as Rowan and Big Show, a bad pairing. You could hear a pin drop during the match.

Rusev v Swagger was a match I fast forwarded through quickly.I like Rusev but I knew this was a match just to keep him ticking over.Rusev should be coming out and putting Cena in a Camel Clutch for a game changer or something!

Ambrose v Wyatt had me totally hooked until the end.Horrible ending to a great match. Its an end that sounds great if you hear it first.

"We will have Ambrose attack with a tv but he is so crazy, its still plugged in and short cuits and blows up in his face!"

This is someone trying to write cool stuff but is not a wrestling fan as it comes across as great in theory or tv show but in wrestling WTF? To me it was a real groaner as its like after all that action he looses to a tv?

The whole show was an example of whats wrong with WWE.Lets start and end strong and throw the rest in the middle.Sure the mid carders dont matter.Lets shuffle the pack,pair them off and away we go. Lets think of a "cool" end as well. This is the recipe for RAW.

If you look at the recent NXT show Takeover, every match had something happening or back story. Raw is 3 hours but they only worry about the main match and a comedy bit every week.

I don't think that everything is bad. A few tweaks and everything could be great. The ingredients are there but not being used.Commentators talking about rubbish/laughing drives me nuts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

I kinda liked it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Watched the tag match and Cena v Rollins.

Enjoyed the tag.

Hated the tables match. Rollins needing so much help and still got put through a table first, even though the ref bump extended the match. the tables themselves slow it down with the need to set up tables. Run ins, extra refs declaring differant winners before a restart (surely both refs saw Cena win the match earlier), show and Reigns involved. An overbooked mess.

Turned it off when lol cena wins happened.

Might watch the ladder match later as i missed that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The worrying thing with Rollins is that he's likely on to a loser in the Rumble, and then will probably be fed to Reigns at the PPV before Mania.

Unless they have an ounce of cop on and have Rollins cash in somewhere, and work Reigns AND Ambrose into the main event, and work on a Shield Triple Thread main event for the title....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Spent all day avoiding spoilers til I could get home and watch it. Wish I'd had it spoiled at 8am now :( Ziggler vs Harper was good, I enjoyed the tag match because Miz & Mizdow are both great but really there was nothing to separate it from your standard Miz & Mizdow Raw tag match. Big Show & Rowen was as expected, same with Kane & Ryback; neither match did anything for me even if there was nothing really wrong with them per-say. The divas match was grand. Rusev & Swagger was ok but unlike their first & best match Swagger had no chance of winning so what was the point in paying attention? But there were only 2 matches I was actively looking forward to.

The tables match. Holy s*** it annoyed me. I'm not one to get too worked up about how losing guys come out of matches looking since WWE are going to do what they want anyway, and once Rollins cashes in I'm probably not going to care about last night. But why did they have to make him look like such a chump? Now I'm all for a heel having a bit of shenanigans to help him win but it was basically a 3-on-1 handicap match and then a 4th (I genuinely shouted "Oh f*** off" when Big Show came out) yet Rollins still went through 3 tables, even getting a "he'sis so lucky that announce table didn't break" spot to further show Cena was the righteous winner.

And then Wyatt & Ambrose was pretty good, I like Wyatt & I love Ambrose. But that ending just seemed like a big f*** you to everybody who enjoyed NXT. Actually no, that entire PPV seemed like a big f*** you to everybody who enjoyed NXT. I'll still watch RAW tonight/tomorrow on Sky+ but this is the first time since I started watching it again that I'm not excited going into WrestleMania season. Hopefully that changes tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It won't change until the first week of January. Next three weeks will auto pilot programming largely due to Christmas and New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

Spent all day avoiding spoilers til I could get home and watch it. Wish I'd had it spoiled at 8am now :( Ziggler vs Harper was good, I enjoyed the tag match because Miz & Mizdow are both great but really there was nothing to separate it from your standard Miz & Mizdow Raw tag match. Big Show & Rowen was as expected, same with Kane & Ryback; neither match did anything for me even if there was nothing really wrong with them per-say. The divas match was grand. Rusev & Swagger was ok but unlike their first & best match Swagger had no chance of winning so what was the point in paying attention? But there were only 2 matches I was actively looking forward to.

The tables match. Holy s*** it annoyed me. I'm not one to get too worked up about how losing guys come out of matches looking since WWE are going to do what they want anyway, and once Rollins cashes in I'm probably not going to care about last night. But why did they have to make him look like such a chump? Now I'm all for a heel having a bit of shenanigans to help him win but it was basically a 3-on-1 handicap match and then a 4th (I genuinely shouted "Oh f*** off" when Big Show came out) yet Rollins still went through 3 tables, even getting a "he'sis so lucky that announce table didn't break" spot to further show Cena was the righteous winner.

And then Wyatt & Ambrose was pretty good, I like Wyatt & I love Ambrose. But that ending just seemed like a big f*** you to everybody who enjoyed NXT. Actually no, that entire PPV seemed like a big f*** you to everybody who enjoyed NXT. I'll still watch RAW tonight/tomorrow on Sky+ but this is the first time since I started watching it again that I'm not excited going into WrestleMania season. Hopefully that changes tonight.

stayed spoIl er free all day got home from work at 4 watched nxt from last week amazing , then just decided to read o line results as I knew tlc would be a clusterf$$k , really pissed at creative for what they have done over the past 2 years , some good stuff but once summerslam is over the writers kick back til January and it's jiat gotten to a point where I might just give up on the main roster after mania

Mokuba wrote: »
    Philadelphia or Smark central will be a whole different story. They will sh*t all over him.
    Well hopefully the crowd do **** all over him and they have to rethink things for WrestleMania. But I really would like for the problem to be remedied going into January. However, Roman Reigns would be a fool professionally for not just going along.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

The Ziggler/Harper match constantly felt like it was inches away from an awful dangerous botch. Great as it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I sign back up to the network after all the praise for the NXT special and old school ROH fan was cool seeing Steen first match. I enjoyed it.

TLC had three enjoyable matches (Ladder, Table and the main event) and the rest filler.

What I'm seeing from most comments from here and around the internet is that people seem to be pissing on TLC because Takeover was better. I don't really get the connection myself.

Maybe because NXT is part of the WWE but I don't see how there show Thursday should effect people reactions to this show.

NXT has Different rosters, creative teams and format (Takeover was only two hour show). Can anyone explain to me why there enjoyment of TLC was effected by The Takeover show? don't get it myself.

Honestly, NXT doesn't influence my disproval of TLC. It just provides a very easy counterpoint to everything that was wrong, and it's impossible not to compare the two. But NXT being great or not doesn't change the fact there was seriously awful aspects to this PPV.

To be honest, I didn't mind last night's pay per view at all, and I think maybe people are getting a little caught up in negativity about it here. I always try to focus on the good in the shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

To be honest, I didn't mind last night's pay per view at all, and I think maybe people are getting a little caught up in negativity about it here. I always try to focus on the good in the shows.

yeah but when you to try and focus on the good, instead of there just being the good there's something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I always try to focus on the good as well but in my opinion there wasn't enough of it where it mattered last night.

Yeah, and do you know what we can do then if it isn't good enough? We can just not watch it.

Yeah, and do you know what we can do then if it isn't good enough? We can just not watch it.

That won't change anything and only punishes ourselves as viewers. People have tuned out of WWE in droves in the last decade and it makes no difference. You will never affect change if you just tune out. Voicing discontent is the best way to clue WWE into the fact their product needs to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

How do we know if shows are good or bad before we watch them, Nostradamus?

Please don't take that tone with me, Frank. What I'm saying is, maybe if something doesn't appeal to you at all, you should just not watch it. If I thought a show was really that bad, I wouldn't watch it. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you just don't like WWE anymore? You know you do have the power to turn it off while it is on as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I like watching WWE. When it's good, it's really good, when it's bad, it's hilariously terrible. Like Nicolas Cage movies. The TLC show was horrible, with a stupid, slip-on-banana-peel finish for Ambrose.
    If I thought a show was really that bad, I wouldn't watch it.
    How do I know a PPV is bad before I watch it? The first half of the show might be bad, but the main event could be good, you know?
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe you just don't like WWE anymore?
    There's things I like and dislike about WWE. Sometimes I really like it, sometimes I hate the way it is. Ups and downs.
    You know you do have the power to turn it off while it is on as well.
    No way, you don't say? I've been watching wrestling for over 20 years, I'm not going to stop watching over a bad PPV here or there, or even a couple of weeks/months of awful Raws.

Advertisement