Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Head Drone Footage

• 25-11-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

This appeared on my Facebook feed. HD drone footage of Bray Head and Cliff Walk. Amazing views.

Mods please move if more suitable in one of the existing photo threads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Great video. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

Just saw this last night on the Martello FB page. Incredible footage, and so interesting to see from all of those different angles. I haven't gotten round to it yet, but they have a few other videos on their Youtube channel that are probably worth watching including Sugar Loaf.

It's changed my perception of drones too. I would never think of non-military drones going so high and far away from the operator. Some of the Bray Head footage would have placed the drone well out over the sea. I'd have thought that the wind or risk of falling in the sea would have been big concerns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Fantastic video.
    People are creating some amazing videos now with drones.

Whether its making drone enthusiasts into film makers, or film makers into drone enthusiasts, the results are truly stunning.

I'd say the boom operators in the film industry are crapping themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭anonanymore

Anybody got a link to the Sugerloaf video, or their site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Fantastic video.
    People are creating some amazing videos now with drones.

Whether its making drone enthusiasts into film makers, or film makers into drone enthusiasts, the results are truly stunning.

I'd say the boom operators in the film industry are crapping themselves

The Helicopter aerial photography business model is certainly toast. Talking to a guy whose cousin runs a different drone aerial photography company to this one. (One of 4 in the country with an actual licence from the Aviation Authority. The rest are technically acting illegally) Anyway, he's just recorded aerial landscape footage under contract for UTV for their own station promo adverts. Charges €700 a day or something. Sounds a lot until you realise that a days helicopter hire to get the same footage would be several thousand.

Drones are a boon for site surveying and real estate too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC82Kw7S7HeRMiDsmfLvP7gg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Great find OP. Day off tomorrow so methinks up Bray Head with the new DSLR...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That's pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Click on 'Bray Head' in the top corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Check out the Glendalough video from the same guys. (watch in HD)

Advertisement