Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still dreaming about my Ex

Options
  • 25-11-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

It's just coming up to the 1 yr mark from the break up of a 17yr relationship. I keep dreaming of him, of getting back together. Last night I dreamt we were hugging & talking but then he told me he has married his gf!
    In real life he's just about to move in with his gf of 7 months so maybe this is on my mind & it's the next step I'm afraid if hearing about, maybe that's why the dreams are back? So annoying as I'm trying so hard to move on with my life :(

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 18 redhat1

the dream is likely a reflection of a waking turmoil as yet unresolved: break ups of long duration can be hard because we might have pause to feel we have lost something substantial. my advice is to permit of the possibility that while the relationship is terminated something of the relationship remains a vibrant force that you can used to augment current relationships with friends, co-workers and life partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

the above answer is both lucid and helpful. does the creater of the tread not, however, fear that her dreams will receive less generous commentary?

• Site Banned Posts: 16 sensible option

dream scapes often take the form of happier times and this without ostensive fault. your finding issue with this dream likely suggests a waking embarrassment in finding yourself, in dreams, engaging in activities that in your waking life are now off limits (and therefore taboo). you should regard the dream not as an illicit activity but as a more or less informative manifestation of sub conscious goads

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

How can you move on when your dreaming about him. 17years is so long. Many memories had happen

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

she need not 'move on', only repatriate the emotional commitment of the relationship in a way that permits of the terminal category of the relationship.
    fond memories are not lost causes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Sparkles78 wrote: »
    It's just coming up to the 1 yr mark from the break up of a 17yr relationship. I keep dreaming of him, of getting back together. Last night I dreamt we were hugging & talking but then he told me he has married his gf!
    In real life he's just about to move in with his gf of 7 months so maybe this is on my mind & it's the next step I'm afraid if hearing about, maybe that's why the dreams are back? So annoying as I'm trying so hard to move on with my life :(

Still dream about an ex who I broke up with 17 years ago. Been happily married with kids for many years...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joollyparo

17years!!! that is a very long time. Relationship like this is just like "smoking" on is addicted already. So getting clean is going to take a while.First you need to start going on dates i mean alot of em.

Advertisement