Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up Christmas pub South Anne st

Options
  • 25-11-2014 3:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear about this or been?
    Its a pop up bar called Santas Grotto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh saw it advertised plan on going at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Nice to know. Will avoid it at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'd say the prices are a sight to behold.

Launched on Saturday here is the website no drinks prices on the site or facebook.

Was looking at the pictures and was thinking it looked familiar was just looking at it this morning on daft! They have it as available to move in immediately which I am guessing is not the case!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I feel a true popup bar should appear out of nowhere overnight... This using an existing building is just cheating.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I feel a true popup bar should appear out of nowhere overnight... This using an existing building is just cheating.

I think they wanted to build a whole building over night but thought it might be a bit tricky logistically so went with the route of using an existing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I feel a true popup bar should appear out of nowhere overnight....

And they'd serve pints in pop-up cardboard pint glasses.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And they'd serve pints in pop-up cardboard pint glasses.

And they'd have to make all the beer themselves from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It should be as simple as opening a very big book...

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    And they'd have to make all the beer themselves from scratch

And the barstaff should be hand-crafted from artisan papier-mâché each morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

jimmii wrote: »
    I think they wanted to build a whole building over night but thought it might be a bit tricky logistically so went with the route of using an existing one.

Pfft... then what has it "popped up" out of? I would have accepted it had it been built elsewhere, preferably from some sort of paper-mâché, and assembled overnight in a new spot. Clearly a case of misleading advertising. I'll have to complain to my local councillor about this.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

What's special about a place like this that they charge €30 for a crappy meal that you could get in a ton of other places for half the price.

I mean soup and caesar salad starters and salmon and turkey mains.....
    Sure you could get the same at a pub carvery

What's special about a place like this that they charge €30 for a crappy meal that you could get in a ton of other places for half the price.

I mean soup and caesar salad starters and salmon and turkey mains.....
    Sure you could get the same at a pub carvery

Pop-up caesar salad though. They don't tell you when it's coming and it springs at you from a little trapdoor in the centre of the table.

It's traditional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Could someone take a snap of the menu then please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The Menu is on the website?

Jesus the website looks horrific. It looks like someone had the great idea to take the gouging from the Christmas market at Stephens Green and cross-breed it with an 'Authentic Christmas Meal'

As above, i'd avoid like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is it a pub or restaurant only? I wonder where they got a pop up bar license for such a short stint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They should have popped it up in Temple Bar. It'd seem cheap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

christmas party is on here... any ideas of drink prices, not looking forward to it but i hate missing a session :rolleyes:

Advertisement