Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT & Glovebox

• 25-11-2014 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. So I read that I need to empty my boot for NCT.

Does the same apply to the glovebox?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Never emptied mine before for an NCT and it was fine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

I wouldn't say so. Empyting the boot is so that they can easily check the spare tyre, and maybe look for chassis corrosion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I wouldn't say so. Empyting the boot is so that they can easily check the spare tyre, and maybe look for chassis corrosion.

Good luck with that :pac: I have a subwoofer in the boot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Sobanek wrote: »

Same as, but I only got it recently.

If I take it out for the NCT is it alright if all the wiring is left in the boot and not hidden away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, you don't need to empty it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That's a new category of mandatory fail on grounds of public convenience ( or if I was king it would be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Actually thought the question was whether its 50 or 100 in the glove box these days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Volvoair

yes, dont let the buggers find your stash of ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I always emptied the boot and glove-box; actually used empty the car of everything non-essential for the NCT. I remember the last one I had on my auld car was in early January this year & I'd brought along some miniature heros for myself to bunch on en route, but didn't eat them. They weren't touched by the tester either.

I wouldn't have minded if he did eat them,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Actually thought the question was whether its 50 or 100 in the glove box these days :pac:

Don't know about the nct but it's 200 for a doe (commercial) have not bothered myself as I like to keep things straight for my own good and interested in keeping my vehicles 100% throughout. If I took half the care of myself lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Didn't even bother to check my boot, VRC or driver's licence :pac: the lazyness these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I'd be really quite annoyed if I found out a tester had been looking in my glovebox to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

I'd be really quite annoyed if I found out a tester had been looking in my glovebox to be honest.

Bloody tester doing my old car sat in it playing with the radio and was sending a text doing the smoke test......

Advertisement