Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring files using XBMC

• 25-11-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭

I am more active in the Bluray recorder section but I need some help in this section. In order to take one of my Bluray recorders in for repairs I have had to transfer what files i needed on to the hhd of the other one. This recorders hhd is now too full and I need to shift some files off of it into my Nas drive. I had the same problem two years ago and another member instructed me how to copy files using XBMC. I still have that program on my laptop but could never manage it. My problem now is I forget how I did it.Could any member here help me please. TMULL

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I browsed through your previous posts and found this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81530952&postcount=87
    I couldn't copy from VLC, only play. To copy, install XMBC from www.xbmc.org.
    Setup the Panasonic machine as a source and test that you can play a file from the machine. (I think it shows up as a UPnP device)
    To copy, go to System (the last option on the midle banner), and then File Manager.
    You need to setup the Panasonic as a Souce again. When done, select your source file in the left pane and your destination folder in the right pane.
    Right click on the source file and select copy from the dropdown list.
    Thats it, very simple but takes a while to get used to navigating XBMC as no menus as such.
    I have the similar DMR-HW220 now (HDD only) and its super. Good to hear you got a solution for copying to DVD.

Just to note, if you need to acquire an updated version of XMBC, the website is now www.kodi.tv as theyve gone through a name change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Dravokivch, Thanks for that.It had not dawned on me that that post would be still on the forum. I had sent a PM to the member who posted that but it appears he is not active for a while. I have downloaded the new version as you advised and am very slowly getting around it.It is not easy. TMULL

Advertisement