Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Out - What I'm looking for, feedback welcome

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The only question I'd have is what if the rent changes while i am in yteh apartment for a few years.

Final month's rent would be interest bearing. In all honesty if the tenant was staying beyond 12 months I'd be more than happy not to have payment in month 12 and then simply resume payment in month 13.

If not I'd calc the interest and look for the difference. That said I'd rather have a good tenant in at the rent I originally asked for covering my mortgage etc than go though the rigmarole of finding another tenant over 50/100.

Good question though and thanks for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

In all honesty; the kind of thought wanted are very clearly set out. If you want to be constructive I'm happy to have a conversation. If not, please don't post here again. You're not reading things in their entirety.

Fuzzy, please go away. You're not willing to be constructive. I've asked you politely, I've fully engaged with everyone who has been constructive 98% of which have been against what I was proposing.

Are you actually telling people to go away and try to dictate to them where they can and cannot post because you disagee with them? :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Are you actually telling people to go away and try to dictate to them where they can and cannot post because you disagee with them? :D

Come on, you can see here that I'm more than happy to engage with people telling me I'm wrong. I'm simply asking people to do two things;

(i) be constructive

(ii) read the thread so we dont keep going over the same ground.

Anyway as I say - more than happy to engage if you want to be constructive.

EDIT: Such as your post above, thank you for the input. Unfortunately it would lead me back to wanting bank statements to show the rent paid. Coming from a low enough income home myself, and my parents never being a day late with the rent; I certainly wouldn't make that assessment but I can see how a salary cert would be flawed, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Honestly, for the things you're asking, it would want to be a pretty nice flat for me to consider all the requests. Granted I haven't rented in Ireland for a few years now and I know the competition is fierce, but there's some non-standard requests there that some people will think twice about.

Honestly, for the things you're asking, it would want to be a pretty nice flat for me to consider all the requests. Granted I haven't rented in Ireland for a few years now and I know the competition is fierce, but there's some non-standard requests there that some people will think twice about.

Not a chance it'll be as nice as your pad in the Phoenix Park :D

Yes I think there is a major issue their with it being a non-standard request over everything else. Hopefully that might have a knock on effect of only getting tenants that think about whats going on and why, but it remains to be seen.

Thanks for the input.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

If you wish for a statement, I think the bank will print out a debit sheet showing only what a person wants to show such as debits taken for rent.
    But again, if this costs money to do, will you pay for it.

Come on, you can see here that I'm more than happy to engage with people telling me I'm wrong. I'm simply asking people to do two things;

(i) be constructive

(ii) read the thread so we dont keep going over the same ground.

Anyway as I say - more than happy to engage if you want to be constructive.

EDIT: Such as your post above, thank you for the input. Unfortunately it would lead me back to wanting bank statements to show the rent paid. Coming from a low enough income home myself, and my parents never being a day late with the rent; I certainly wouldn't make that assessment but I can see how a salary cert would be flawed, thanks again.

That's assuming they were renting under a proper LL who wasn't asking for payment in cash etc. I'd a friend of my OH ask me for advice a while ago when he received a letter saying that rent would be increasing by 150 a month but to keep the same payments going through on the system and the "150 would be collected in cash each month" at the house :(

allibastor wrote: »
    If you wish for a statement, I think the bank will print out a debit sheet showing only what a person wants to show such as debits taken for rent.
    But again, if this costs money to do, will you pay for it.

Great idea! I'd be more than happy with that and paying for it.

Thanks for that!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's assuming they were renting under a proper LL who wasn't asking for payment in cash etc. I'd a friend of my OH ask me for advice a while ago when he received a letter saying that rent would be increasing by 150 a month but to keep the same payments going through on the system and the "150 would be collected in cash each month" at the house :(

Don't get me wrong, I understand that many LL are complete (insert four/five letters)! In all honesty that's why I'm a bit warey going into this in that where a them and us attitude exists it's easier to rationalise screwing 'the man' especially when he shows you his bank statements as a quid pro quo and there's an amount there.

That said if I'm not willing to do something then is it fair for me to request it off the tenant? If I can find a away round it then I will.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Out of curiosity, how often would you inspect the property when the tenant is there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

any tenant will happily supply you with a fake reference, photoshopped bank records and HR will give them a standard work reference.

many wont have 3xrent to give upfront as its quite high and rents are already up to 1.5x what they were so in effect you could be asking for 2.5x what they previously paid which is a large amount (1k rent + 1k dep =2k :::: now 1.5k rent + 1.5k rent + 1.5k dep = 4.5k)
    escrow fees or not, tenants are unlikely to have that for you, so even if tenants agree to the rules for full market rate (unlikely as many will baulk ::: lower demand = lower price for your product) you are still probably going to have accept a lower rent so that someone can meet your asks. thats bad business

just use an agency and sue them if anything goes wrong.

The new Toyota Yaris ad, or might I add, the knobs in it who are trying very hard to look like they are having a good time. They look like they should beling in one of those RSA shock ads where they get killed in the end, but they dont.

The face Sarah Brightman makes when she sings, like she is giving out to you or something. Plus her b.astardisation of Pie Jesu will earn her a stint in purgatory :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok guys- and OP- you've had your fun.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement