Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with unwanted broadband package

Options
  • 25-11-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a serious problem cancelling an unwanted phone and broadband package.

I originally received a sales call from a 'Didi' asking did I want to upgrade to a package that would cost me less for phone and broadband. I agreed to change package and he said I had a 14 day cooling off period to cancel. I later realised that I get my broadband from another provider and not through my phone line so the package sold to me was unsuitable. That same night I called back to cancel the order. I rang 1901 and talked to an 'Alex' at 6.30pm and he said that my order was cancelled. 

Following this a courier attempted to deliver a package to me from Eircom, the courier said it was my broadband modem. I said I had cancelled my package and the courier said he would return the modem.

The next that happened was that I received my next bill, which has charges on it for the package that I had cancelled rather than my usual bill.

That day I rang 1901 again and I spoke to a Michael Kinsella, he said that he wasn't able to deal with my issue and that a supervisor would call me back who had the authority to sort this out.

What I would like is confirmation that the package I signed up to has been cancelled, as I said I had rang back within an hour of signing up to cancel and the 'Alex' that I talked to said the order had been cancelled.

I also need to have my latest bill corrected to be put onto the previous package that I was on which was Eircom Talktime Control.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tails142 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having a serious problem cancelling an unwanted phone and broadband package.

I originally received a sales call from a 'Didi' asking did I want to upgrade to a package that would cost me less for phone and broadband. I agreed to change package and he said I had a 14 day cooling off period to cancel. I later realised that I get my broadband from another provider and not through my phone line so the package sold to me was unsuitable. That same night I called back to cancel the order. I rang 1901 and talked to an 'Alex' at 6.30pm and he said that my order was cancelled. 

Following this a courier attempted to deliver a package to me from Eircom, the courier said it was my broadband modem. I said I had cancelled my package and the courier said he would return the modem.

The next that happened was that I received my next bill, which has charges on it for the package that I had cancelled rather than my usual bill.

That day I rang 1901 again and I spoke to a Michael Kinsella, he said that he wasn't able to deal with my issue and that a supervisor would call me back who had the authority to sort this out.

What I would like is confirmation that the package I signed up to has been cancelled, as I said I had rang back within an hour of signing up to cancel and the 'Alex' that I talked to said the order had been cancelled.

I also need to have my latest bill corrected to be put onto the previous package that I was on which was Eircom Talktime Control.

Thanks.
    Sorry to hear of this Tails142

Do please feel free to PM me your eircom account number & I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Do please feel free to PM me your eircom account number & I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi, I PM'D you my account number.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Al

Hi, I PM'D you my account number.

Thanks.
    Thanks Tails142

I'm awaiting more information from accounts and will get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Thanks - I'll wait to hear from you.

Hi Tails142

I have discussed this with your mother and agreed to cease the broadband, refund the difference on this bill and apply talktime control once the broadband is closed (Monday).

I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Tails142

I have discussed this with your mother and agreed to cease the broadband, refund the difference on this bill and apply talktime control once the broadband is closed (Monday).

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Thanks for your assistance with the issue above. The problem doesn't seem to be resolved as of yet however. My mother understood that a new bill was to be issued with the corrected amount however she received an automated phone call today to say that the previous bill with the higher amount was still outstanding. Perhaps you can advise on what to do?

Many thanks.

Hi Tails142

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Thanks for your assistance with the issue above. The problem doesn't seem to be resolved as of yet however. My mother understood that a new bill was to be issued with the corrected amount however she received an automated phone call today to say that the previous bill with the higher amount was still outstanding. Perhaps you can advise on what to do?

Many thanks.
    I'm really suprised to hear this Tails142

Let me investigate this and I will get back to you asap

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan - still waiting to hear back.

Thanks.

Hi Alan - still waiting to hear back.

Thanks.
    Hi Tails142

The bill displays the broadband package as the bill itself had been issued on the 17th of November for 2 months in advance. This issues was raised here first on the 25th of November resulting in the broadband being ceased on the 26th.

I can assure you that a total credit of €48.56 has been added to your account but this credit was issued after the bill had been prepared. If you minus €48.56 from the total of the most recent bill that is all you will need to pay this month.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Tails142

The bill displays the broadband package as the bill itself had been issues on the 17th of November for 2 months in advance. This issues was raised here first on the 25th of November resulting in the broadband being ceased on the 26th.

I can assure you that a total credit of €48.56 has been added to your account but this credit was issued after the bill had been prepared. If you minus €48.56 from the total of the most recent bill that is all you will need to pay this month.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for your help Al.

• Advertisement

Hi Tails142

The bill displays the broadband package as the bill itself had been issues on the 17th of November for 2 months in advance. This issues was raised here first on the 25th of November resulting in the broadband being ceased on the 26th.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for your help Al.
    You're more than welcome Tails142

Al

Advertisement