Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bony wincast 9/4 Fred
    Bony first 4/1

I'd be surprised if bony couldn't find the net v qpr, gonna keep the faith with swans also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Man Utd v Stoke
    RVP anytime 5/4

Robin van Persie has netted one goal in each of his four Premier League games against the Potters in a Manchester United shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

United & Swansea double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

yes and he's in the starting line up

You're a good man Las.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Jordan Ayew (Lorient) to score vs Marseille @ 4.25

he's on loan from Marseille and will be eager to prove his critics wrong

thank you Jordan :D

• Advertisement

I hate to bet against teams on a losing/winless streak (here Lille) but with Marseille drawing today, PSG can overtake them and go top of the table with a win tomorrow. Lille are missing their strongest CB Basa.

Taking PSG now @ 1.75 before the odds drop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Got onto live help with Boyles there to see why an over 2.5 goals bet wasn't settled (don't usually bet with them). Was told because the game isn't over yet:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Main Bet Double of Man U and Inverness CT @2.54
    Fun Bet Newcastle, Palace, Swans, West Ham 26/1

Main bet in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ok bets for me :

Treble:

Burnley V Newc BTTS
    WB V WH BTTS
    Swansea V QPR BTTS

4fold:

United
    Dovers +1
    Everton
    Chelsea

Both just over 4/1

Fecking QPR:(
    Fecking Dovers:/ Havn't conceded in 5 then concede 2 after going 1-1 with 15 to go :(

EDIT: Doverssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Fecking QPR:(
    Fecking Dovers:/ Havn't conceded in 5 then concede 2 after going 1-1 with 15 to go :(

EDIT: Doverssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 2-2

Had the cants sw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Very small stake for interest on 0-0 in wormatia worms game @11.00

Landed last 3 h2h

Draw is @3.75

2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    West Brom have only won one in their last 8 games and that was 1-0 against Leicester via an O.G. If Valencia is back for the hammers then DNB @ 10/11 or straight win at 15/8 looks decent.

The hammers are playing nicely at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

17/1 accumulator off Sky free 10€ bet. The sweat was on with utd right to the end. De Gea is owed a pint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭paul8209

Premier League: Sunderland v Manchester City

Sunderland were very negative against Chelsea at the weekend, that is not my kind of football, but it was a disciplined and professional performance and they got what they "wanted" from the match and I doubt that their approach will change too much this evening. However, it is hard to play without the ball, just 34% possession against the Blues and I suspect numbers will be similar this evening and that means a lot of running against what, after all, are superior players. The hosts have a very good record against City and have won the last four meetings here in the North East, all by an identical 1-0 scoreline , which will further encourage a defensive approach and to "steal" a goal on the break. That was certainly the case last season, when City had 63% of the ball and won the shot count 24-5 and the performance was as dominant as that suggests, which is not always the case, for about the final 15 minutes, I do not think that Sunderland crossed the half way line. This is a little different in that the hosts were coming off a game with Hull City 7 days previously and had a full week to rest and prepare and not one with Chelsea four days ago and I do believe that the two games will catch up with them sooner or later this evening.

The visitors will be without Vincent Kompany and Eliaquim Mangala at the back which is very far from ideal, but given how Sunderland are likely to play, perhaps defensively they will be asked fewer questions than usual on the road. Offensively, City look strong once more and having taken a little on Yaya Toure (see below) to score at the weekend, he could oblige again this evening and everyone knows what great form Sergio Aguero is in right now.

I see joy for them today, movement up front is good, hosts also have problems at the back, which probably means no rotation in the backline and Brown,O'Shea and Reveillere are all aged between 33 and 35 and the quick turnaround will not be in their favour.

I want to stick with City , the -1 goal handicap would be better, but I cannot bring myself to bet (almost) anything at sub 1.90 and the danger with waiting, is that the hosts are at their most vunerable early, so will instead go for the bigger handicap, one goal will force Sunderland into opening up and then they will be vulnerable. If you are betting " in running", City are an eyepopping 7-0 ( goals scored/conceded) on the road through the final ten minutes of games, second best record in the EPL is 4-1, which highlights how strong those stats are, given that Sunderland will have spent the best part of 170 mins defending as we approach that period tonight, do not rule out another late show, from the well conditioned visitors.

1.5 units City -1.25 ball 2.21 asian line/Sportmarket.

source : clubgowi.com (from the newsletter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I realise these things have to end but It might be worth backing Sunderland to win 1-0 tonight at 20/1. Have beaten City by this score the last 4 seasons.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I realise these things have to end but It might be worth backing Sunderland to win 1-0 tonight at 20/1. Have beaten City by this score the last 4 seasons.

couldnt resist that either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

paul8209 wrote: »
    The visitors will be without Vincent Kompany and Eliaquim Mangala at the back which is very far from ideal, but given how Sunderland are likely to play, perhaps defensively they will be asked fewer questions than usual on the road.

I watched the sunderland match, I thought they created quite a few chances and Wickham created problems on the wing with Fletcher down the middle, plus Sunderland should have nicked a goal in the first half.
    I think Sunderland might get a goal.

Eastleigh came thru for me last night but cant believe Ath Bilbao only drew in the Copa to screw my double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sunderland will be just plain tired. -1 on City 2nd half would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ndez

Gunners to beat Saints tonight - 1 @ 2.63 with Pinnacle

Morgan Schneiderlin absence is a big blow for Southampton. Arsenal have Koscielny back in defense and plenty of options upfront. Southampton have exceeded everyone's expectations so far, but I expect them to slide down the table in this busy period. Arsenal are usually slow starters, but when they click they can score a coupe of goals in a very short span. Alternatively you can back just an Arsenal win @ 1.86.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Guidetti hat trick tonight @19, 2 or more @5. Playing Partick who he scored a hat trick against 1,5 month ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Main Bet:
    Everton Win
    Sevilla v Sabadell - Over 2.5 goals

50 returns 107.

Second Bet:
    Arsenal Win
    Sunderland v Man City - Under 3.5 goals
    Chelsea v Spurs - Over 2.5 goals

20 returns 91.

For fun:
    Celtic Win
    Lukaku Anytime
    Long Anytime
    Aguero Anytime
    PSG Win

5 returns 161.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

inforfun wrote: »
    Guidetti hat trick tonight @19, 2 or more @5. Playing Partick who he scored a hat trick against 1,5 month ago

What site that on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

12/1 fourfold bet365

Arsenal
    Everton
    Chelsea to score in both halves
    Sunderland v Man City - Under 2.5 Goals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

What site that on

Unibet I'd guess.

Generally it's around 9/1, except for Boyles at 14/1 and lol, Paddypower @ 11/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

​Nathaniel Clyne has found the net in 2 of this last 3 appearances against Arsenal at the Emirates, the winner in the League Cup this season and an own goal in a 6-1 defeat in September 2012.

#BelieveinClyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What site that on
    Kharrell wrote: »
    Unibet I'd guess.

Generally it's around 9/1, except for Boyles at 14/1 and lol, Paddypower @ 11/2.

Unibet indeed.

inforfun wrote: »
    Unibet indeed.

Cheers took it on betfair for 18s

Main Bet Arsenal @5/6
    Smaller bet Everton, Chelsea, Man C, Celtic @3/1

Chelsea -1 5/4
    Smaller on -2 at 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Seamus Coleman anytime @7/1

Seamus Coleman FGS @20/1

:)

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Main Bet Arsenal @5/6
    Smaller bet Everton, Chelsea, Man C, Celtic @3/1

Main bet in and Everton ruin my other bet. In profit though

mailburner wrote: »
    Chelsea -1 5/4
    Smaller on -2 at 3/1

Makes up for bony misfiring last night

I hate to bet against teams on a losing/winless streak (here Lille) but with Marseille drawing today, PSG can overtake them and go top of the table with a win tomorrow. Lille are missing their strongest CB Basa.

Taking PSG now @ 1.75 before the odds drop tomorrow

1-1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Barneyc

Who do people think will finish top promoted team in the EPL.?

Barneyc wrote: »
    Who do people think will finish top promoted team in the EPL.?

doubt very much it'll be leicester

burnley possibly
    coinflip for me them or qpr

• Advertisement

wondering bout some of these spanish cup matches tonite

villareal -1 13/10 looks big maybe?
    if I'm reading it right are cadiz in the 6th tier of spanish football or is it the
    third tier with 4 groups all being equal ?
    segunda b group 4

valencia 11/10 away to rayo
    the way valencia are playing is that not a big price?

I'd be tempted to back vela anytime away to oviedo at 6/4

bit wary of going in on cup footie having been burnt so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

mailburner wrote: »
    wondering bout some of these spanish cup matches tonite

villareal -1 13/10 looks big maybe?
    if I'm reading it right are cadiz in the 6th tier of spanish football or is it the
    third tier with 4 groups all being equal ?

segunda b group 4
    3rd Division mail .. the 4 groups are of equal standing, just geographically based

Some info on the Copenhagen game starting in a few mins at 5. It looks a pretty big mismatch game in the Danish cup.

GREVE VS. KØBENHAVN

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/12/04/denmark/dbu-pokalen/greve-fodbold/fc-kobenhavn/1962505/?ICID=HP_MS_15_01

Starting XI

F.C. KøbenhavnVerified account
    @FCKobenhavn
    Start-11 i Greve: Kim C - Amartey, Zanka, Nilsson, Høgli - Kacaniklic, Poulsen, Delaney (anf.), Toutouh - de Ridder, Cornelius #fcklive

From a quick look at Soccerway Cornelius is top scorer with 5 goals and Kacaniklic has 2

Not gonna pretend I'm very familiar with their XI however could be a bet in this.

Line is set to +4.5 but will probably tackle +1.5 FH around evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

On the cards in the Rayo Valencia game, the ref has good form and the fixture has covered the over 5.5 cards line in recent years. 0.85 on the Asian handicap with 365.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    On the cards in the Rayo Valencia game, the ref has good form and the fixture has covered the over 5.5 cards line in recent years. 0.85 on the Asian handicap with 365.

A bit of a sweat but got there cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

A bit of a sweat but got there cheers!

Pretty luck in a game that had no intensity or the nastiness that some Spanish games have but it shows how card happy the refs are.

What are people thoughts on top Midlands club "villa , stoke, leister, WBA" i stand to win 1500 due to accumulator. Think stoke are playing the better football bit unluck with injuries and have a few tough games between now and mid january, Any thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Barneyc wrote: »
    What are people thoughts on top Midlands club "villa , stoke, leister, WBA" i stand to win 1500 due to accumulator. Think stoke are playing the better football bit unluck with injuries and have a few tough games between now and mid january, Any thoughts

They are all terrible teams tbh really hard to seperate Villa, Stoke and WBA, wouldn't fancy picking one

Sorry post shold have read i stand to win 1500 if stoke are top midlands club. think the will if they are within striking distance come the new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Stoke clearly the best of that lot. No worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Dortmund to get the win 2night? They surely have to start winning soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Shane St. wrote: »
    Dortmund to get the win 2night? They surely have to start winning soon
    I'll be staying away from every Dortmund game this year.

Its a hard one to call because Dortmund have just been playing so **** its frightening. I was at the Frankfurt game and the atmosphere wasnt like the usual dortmund games IMO.

Hoffenheim have lost their last 2 away games and had a shocking home loss to Koln (who are not a good side in the least) so its a very hard one to call.

It wouldnt surprise me if Hoffenheim win 3-0 though and it would be a nice move up the table for them too. Dortmund have lost to Hamburg and Hannover at home in the past 2 months so nothing will surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fulham v Watford = goals. +2.5 or BTTS looks like a goer. Failing that Fulham win should be solid they are unbeaten at home since late September.

Dortmund v Hoffenheim tonight looks a recipe for goals.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/12/05/germany/bundesliga/bv-borussia-09-dortmund/tsg-1899-hoffenheim-ev/1713621/head2head/

+3.5 lands very regular in H2H and follows Hoffenheim all round the league.

Think I'll pre stake GL +3.0, 3.5 @2.050

Took Hoffenheim win at 11/2
    Dbl chance at 7/4

No idea what to expect given how bad dortmund were last Sunday
    Might look a big price later

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement