Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another water softener question - Which to go for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

Clack and Autotrol would be 2 of the best water Softeners on the market.
    The clack softener are metered and programmable to the exact hardness of your water.
    The clack comes with a 5 year guarantee and all parts are replaceable.
    And unlike the EWT Softeners which are Chinese made the clack is made in the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

dm1388 wrote: »
    And unlike the EWT Softeners which are Chinese made the clack is made in the USA

What difference does that make?

What difference does that make?

The difference is that Clack parts are available to be bought almost impossible to be done with Chinese Softeners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

The difference is that Clack parts are available to be bought almost impossible to be done with Chinese Softeners

Is that the only difference?
    While I do take your point, ewt for example, are offering 15 year guarantee on parts. On a 499e item, 15 years is quite a long time.

Having a Google around I can only find one company in Ireland doing clack and none doing autorol. Can you list some suppliers?

Is that the only difference?
    While I do take your point, ewt for example, are offering 15 year guarantee on parts. On a 499e item, 15 years is quite a long time.

Having a Google around I can only find one company in Ireland doing clack and none doing autorol. Can you list some suppliers?

the other main difference is the clack and Autotrol don't need yearly servicing or maintenance.
    Most water treatment company's use either clack or autotrol

• Advertisement

the other main difference is the clack and Autotrol don't need yearly servicing or maintenance.
    Most water treatment company's use either clack or autotrol

who sells them? Im in meath and the only one I can find online who do either is a galway company who do clack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

That Galway company you refer to is one of the best in the business in ireland.

You won't find better than American equipment, Clack is first class.
    As Dp1388 said all parts are replaceable and available which can be just as important.

sky6 wrote: »
    That Galway company you refer to is one of the best in the business in ireland.

You won't find better than American equipment, Clack is first class.
    As Dp1388 said all parts are replaceable and available which can be just as important.

from the galway co site
    We install water treatment systems in County Galway and distribute water treatment systems to many companies across Ireland.

Im in meath. I cant find anyone else in ireland that does clack and noone at all that does autotrol. I appreciate the recommendation but not sure sure what to do with the info if I cant find anyone that sells or installs it. Do you know of anyone that sells/installs either of those softeners nationwide? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

I got a clack softener installed earlier this year by Munster Water Softeners, I am happy with the system and their didn't seem to be any problems with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Recently got a Clack system installed by CWS and happy so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement