Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with a 1-year lease

Options
  • 25-11-2014 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm soon to start renting a property with a 1yr lease. I'm starting a new permanent job but wondered what the story is if at some point during this 1yr lease, I lost my job? Am I still liable for the rent until the yr is up or do I have some kind of right? Tks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Jesusaves wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm soon to start renting a property with a 1yr lease. I'm starting a new permanent job but wondered what the story is if at some point during this 1yr lease, I lost my job? Am I still liable for the rent until the yr is up or do I have some kind of right? Tks for your help.

You've signed a legal contract for 1 year so you are legally contracted to pay that rent for that length of time.

Of course should you need to leave you can approach the landlord about reassigning / subletting.

Advertisement