Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier - possible issue

Options
  • 25-11-2014 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I ordered some cologne from the UK recently, and checking the tracking today, it says 'Out for Delivery' but no package has been received by me.

I have been out all day and there is no package pickup slip in my letterbox either.

Just wondering what my options are? Checked with the neighbours also and they do not have it either. Its just strange as they would never be delivering this late! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

How long is late; hours, days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

slimjimmc wrote: »
    How long is late; hours, days?

After 6 / 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Contact courier's depot giving them tracking no. as a proof you're the recipient. It always worked for me.

So your package was due to be delivered today but hasn't been? You could wait and see if he delivers tomorrow, or you can check their online tracking later to see if there is any further update, or you can try contact them and rearrange delivery.

I don't even know who the courier is.

The tracking states Hermes depot, but as far as I know Hermes don't have units here.

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I don't even know who the courier is.

The tracking states Hermes depot, but as far as I know Hermes don't have units here.
    So contact whoever is providing the tracking or the seller if they are shipping the parcel to you.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    So contact whoever is providing the tracking or the seller if they are shipping the parcel to you.

OK thanks

Where do you live? Couriers are always holding on to packages down my way coz we live in the country side in north mayo. They hold on to them untill they have a few in that direction. Really annoying. One fella took the mick altogether and had my package for four days

Where do you live? Couriers are always holding on to packages down my way coz we live in the country side in north mayo. They hold on to them untill they have a few in that direction. Really annoying. One fella took the mick altogether and had my package for four days

I'd be in the city, in a busy enough housing estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It's DPD who deliver on their behalf IIRC. But open to corrections. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 AngCork

My courier always holds on to packages too, very annoying!

Right.. small update on this.. tracking says DELIVERED at just after 1pm.

I was not even home that day until after 4pm. Neither were the rest of my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're having issues, get onto the seller and tell them that it's not delivered. They are the ones who have the contract with the courier.

Seller doesn't want anything to do with it. I told him the same as above, he seems to be washing his hands of the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

How did you pay?

Beano wrote: »
    How did you pay?

VISA debit.

If seller won't investigate, ask him to refund you due to non-delivery of goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

what are my options then? There are a host of things that can go wrong with couriers.

Ask him to get the proof of delivery (i.e. signature) to verify where it was delivered to.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Ask him to get the proof of delivery (i.e. signature) to verify where it was delivered to.

That's the thing, it was just scanned it seems, no signature was taken, despite the tracking having a box for the image of the signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's up to the seller to chase up proof from the courior, not you. It could have been left at an incorrect address for instance or with a neighbour. But that is up to the seller to determine.

Did you ring the courier company and say you didn't get the package. They might do something about it.

Did you ring the courier company and say you didn't get the package. They might do something about it.

It is Hermes, but I don't know who is delivering for them in Ireland.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/apr/07/courier-yodel-hermes-delivery-fail-complaints-budget

I just read this while trying to find out. Lots of problems with these guys.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    It is Hermes, but I don't know who is delivering for them in Ireland.

You could ring Hermes and find out who their Irish partner is.

dudara wrote: »
    You could ring Hermes and find out who their Irish partner is.

Just tweeted them, no Irish number.

Advertisement