Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test tomorrow, what do I need?

• 25-11-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

ok so probably a stupid question but are the only documents I need is my learner permit and my EDT Logbook?

Also any tips on how to make sure they notice you looking in mirrors and so on, because my instructor could never notice this.

Comments

JamboMac wrote: »
    ok so probably a stupid question but are the only documents I need is my learner permit and my EDT Logbook?

Also any tips on how to make sure they notice you looking in mirrors and so on, because my instructor could never notice this.

Check that the correct Tax, Insurance and NCT discs are on display. A simple thing, but one that failed someone I know before they even sat in the car! Aslo, have full Insurance cert in the car, just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You see them mirrors ?

In real life, they're like women in the pub, you only look at them for a bit, and don't really stare at them. But for the driving test, your mirrors are women in a strip club. You're paying €85 to look at them mirrors, don't be ashamed to look at them, that's what they're for, get your moneys worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Also make sure your indicators and break light are working in the morning..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You see them mirrors ?

In real life, they're like women in the pub, you only look at them for a bit, and don't really stare at them. But for the driving test, your mirrors are women in a strip club. You're paying €85 to look at them mirrors, don't be ashamed to look at them, that's what they're for, get your moneys worth

This.

Failed my first go because I didn't pay them enough attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Clean car not filthy inside.

As said check all lights are working and no warning lights on dash.

Make sure to have a good sleep and take it easy.

As said Licence, L plates, N plates for when you pass newbie;), insurance, tax, fuel in the tank, to be safe check oil level, tyre pressure, coolan level so youi know car should be ok.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

The point should be made that you can overuse your mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cpt Sh!t Craic

The point should be made that you can overuse your mirrors.

Nope, especially not for your driving test...

Also, ensure the falangee is in working order

Nope, especially not for your driving test...

Also, ensure the falangee is in working order

Ok. What do I know?

Ok. What do I know?

Sorry bro, didn't mean to come across so cavalier there. It's just that I've never known anybody to fail a driving test for checking their mirrors too much, whereas for not checking enough, I've known of plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I don't think that people fail for over checking their mirrors, per se. I think that they fail for not keeping their eyes on the road enough. If you are constantly looking left and right to check your mirrors & you are not paying enough attention to what is going on straight in front of you, that could be a problem.

• Advertisement

Sorry bro, didn't mean to come across so cavalier there. It's just that I've never known anybody to fail a driving test for checking their mirrors too much, whereas for not checking enough, I've known of plenty.

No bother. Quite simply you're not there to act. Good quality observations at the right time. If you're looking in your mirrors too much you're not looking in other places you should be looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Well failed, as far as I know the mirrors wasn't an issue. Waiting on electronic report.

JamboMac wrote:
    Well failed, as far as I know the mirrors wasn't an issue. Waiting on electronic report.

Hard luck bro...

Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ah thats sh1t op.

Hopefully you will know what is needed for next time and do as soon as you can as to not pick up bad habits in between.

Ah thats sh1t op.

Hopefully you will know what is needed for next time and do as soon as you can as to not pick up bad habits in between.

Thanks for the sympathy, think some of the bad habits had been picked when out with me dad and he's complaining about this and that, and I should have gone then, which got me a grade 3. That and mini bloody roundabout. How do we get so harshly judged on mini roundabouts and other places don't have them at all.

Carrick-on-Shannon has good pass rate might change centres. Although have to be honest in feeling less motivated to do the test again.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Thanks for the sympathy, think some of the bad habits had been picked when out with me dad and he's complaining about this and that, and I should have gone then, which got me a grade 3. That and mini bloody roundabout. How do we get so harshly judged on mini roundabouts and other places don't have them at all.

Carrick-on-Shannon has good pass rate might change centres. Although have to be honest in feeling less motivated to do the test again.

To be honest with you changing test centres isn't the answer.. I would recommend taking about 8-10 lessons including a ton of mock test..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

To be honest with you changing test centres isn't the answer.. I would recommend taking about 8-10 lessons including a ton of mock test..

Totally agree, don't give up Jambo! A couple of hours with an instructor who knows your route and has taught others to pass will work wonders. Preparation is key, and you already know your route which is good, why go learning another one now? Mini roundabouts should be treated just like major roundabouts, no different. It's these kind of things your instructor will know about the entire route and it's worth it. I passed my test first time, and it's not because I was a born driver, it's because my instructor knew the route inside out and had a lot of students who passed the test because of what he told them to do. It cost me a few hundred euro and a lot of time but it's so worth it to rip the L plates up...don't give up, find some good support.

I had an instructor and did the EDTS and with finglas having 20-30 routes as such, the routes I would more than likely get is ballygall or finglas west. I was told by my instructor that it was mirrors was the issue none of the other things and with how narrow the roads are in ballygall to try and get round the mini roundabout would cause you to crash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

compliment the examiners dress sense

• Advertisement

braddun wrote: »
    compliment the examiners dress sense

I'm looking at some of the successes saying they where jumpity on the acceleration and stalled and all this and passed. I think he thought because I wasn't nervous. I was an arrogant driver. If I get this tester again, I feel like saying just take me to the mini roundabouts.

In the last 2 months me and 2 of my cousins did the test, my older male cousin failed whose been driving for a good number of years. My younger cousin who my dad said was a lot worse then me(she is good looking), she's only been learning since summertime same as me.

So the whole odds can be stacked against before you drive, this guy got to the traffic lights and thought how can I fail this guy quickly. Because he didn't where to take me at that point.

Advertisement