Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choices of secondary school

Options
  • 25-11-2014 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok - new to Ireland and I have a 12 year old who needs to choose their secondary school. I don't know many parents who have kids at one choice, and no-one who had kids at the other two choices so I was wondering what people's opinions are on:

Scoil Dara, Kilcock

Longwood Post-Primary

Oaklands, Edenderry

Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're very unlikely to find someone who will have experience of all three schools and can compare.

I suggest you and your child visit each of the schools, to get a feel for them. You could also wait until he makes friends and decide based on where his friends go. A good, active parents' association is always a good sign.

I have a good deal of experience of one of the schools mentioned from visiting it in an examining capacity and it is an excellent, welcoming school. I'm sure the other two are too, so in fairness to them, I won't name the school I visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shonabourke

My son is in scoil dara kilcock and I have to say it is a great school. He is in 2nd year with a broad range of friends girls and boys from kilcock and beyond. He has done quite well in all his exams. So no complaints.

Advertisement