Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 25-11-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I read all the forums here on a daily basis and find great help and information so I decided to register an account.

First of all, I am sure you are sick of this question but I am going to ask it again anyway in the hope someone can help me (thanks in advance)

I am looking at starting my own business online.

I am currently bringing in some stock directly from a factory in china. jewellery. I have a facebook page set up and the demand is there. I just want to open a small business. I have a friend who is a web designer so they can help me with the whole online side of setting things up.

The other part - running a business, stock control, expenses, importing, customs I have a fair idea about. I'm sure there is so much I've left out but forgive me I am new.

The part I don't have a clue about is setting up a business & tax ect and anything else I must need to know.

Please break everything down to the ridiculous and step by step if possible :D

I really appreciate you reading this, If I don't make my move now I'll never make it.

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Go on a start your own business course that your local enterprise office can advise you of. Or ask them for the factual information that you need they are there to assist start ups https://www.localenterprise.ie/
    Best of luck with your project.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

Hi John Joe, Congratulations on what you have done so far :-) I am in a similar situation with mine. Take a look and see if you need to set up a LTD company or as a Sole Trader. If you go LTD, I strongly advise using Kearny Curran. suggested by another boards member.

I emailed the local enterprise too, however I have yet to get a response. Lots to do :-) Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There isn't really a lot you have to do. Register a trading name unless you are trading under your own name and register for vat if you are going to have a turnover above 75k or if you think its worth doing anyway. Depending on how big your orders are it might work out better not to register until you do reach the threshold.

TR1 form for Tax registration

Register a business name with CRO

The LEO start your own business course is worth doing. Running an online retail business seems like an easy earner but it really isn't you need to invest a fair bit of money in marketing to make any inroads. It will end up being quite a bit of work for not much money.

Advertisement