Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vat on Commercial from UK

• 25-11-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Friend of mine brings the odd vehicle home from England and has brought home a couple of vans this year. What is the status for me (vat registered and working in construction) of buying a van that is priced "plus vat".

Eg. Van is £3500 plus vat.

Am I correct that I give my vat number and therefore don't pay the vat.

How does this work when I attempt to transfer it to ROI plates with vrt etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Afaik once you are registered for vat you just give the seller the vat number and you pay the plus vat price as you said. That's always the way it was so unless it's changed recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's pretty much it, you don't need to pay the vat if you can show the seller a valid Irish VAT number. I've had problems with a lot of businesses/sales people knowing about this, including managers etc, if they aren't used to selling internationally it will probably need some explaining.

Once you bring the van in, it's a flat rate €200. Make sure you get the full V5 logbook, everything but part 11 you will need.

Advertisement