Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LAPTOP FOR SALE!!!

• 25-11-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I bought a new laptop in Argos not realising that it was pink. It's an "ASUS X102BA AMD A-Series 10.1 Inch 4GB 500GB Touch Laptop". It cost me €280, I'll sell it for €250. I literally only opened the box, realised it was pink and closed it again. I tried to return it but they wouldn't allow me to do so because the seal was broken. Anyone interested send me a message. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    I bought a new laptop in Argos not realising that it was pink. It's an "ASUS X102BA AMD A-Series 10.1 Inch 4GB 500GB Touch Laptop". It cost me €280, I'll sell it for €250. I literally only opened the box, realised it was pink and closed it again. I tried to return it but they wouldn't allow me to do so because the seal was broken. Anyone interested send me a message. Thanks.
    I'd stick to your guns there.. ask for the manager. If you have the receipt and it's in its packaging they can hardly refuse.. how long between purchase and return?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

I only bought it on Sunday. They told me point blank when I went in today that it couldn't be returned/ refunded as the seal on the box was broken. They said that it was exempt from the 30 day guarantee. I'm not too familiar with consumer rights etc. so I said fair enough.

I'd better emphasise aswell that it's not their fault that I bought the pink one. The lid is pink and there were no pictures of this on the website. I didn't read the description thoroughly where it says that it's pink, in the first sentence actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

It's a colour. I wear pink shirts. The laptop does what you need it to do

Thwip! wrote: »
    It's a colour. I wear pink shirts. The laptop does what you need it to do

Not for me I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Specs?

Product Description/Spec
    Asus X102BA 10.1 Inch 4GB 500GB Touch Laptop - Black.
    The black Asus X102BA 4GB 500GB Touch Laptop is a great package. Small in stature but not in power, this Asus Vivobook has 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive, offering plenty of speed and storage.
    * This is the ultimate student piece of kit, or portable professional machine, with a responsive touchscreen and the intuitive all-new Windows 8 Operating System, and comes with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 bundled for free too!
    CPU, Memory and Operating System:
    * AMD A4 Temash A4-1200 dual core processor.
    * 1GHz processor speed.
    * 4GB RAM.
    * 500GB SATA hard drive.
    * Microsoft Windows 8.
    Display features:
    * 10.1 inch screen.
    * High definition display.
    * Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
    Graphics:
    * AMD Radeon HD8180G graphics card.
    * Dedicated graphics card.
    Interfaces and connectivity:
    * 2-in-1 media card reader.
    * 2 USB 2.0 ports.
    * 1 USB 3.0 port.
    * 1 Ethernet port.
    * 1 HDMI port.
    * Bluetooth.
    * Wi-Fi enabled.
    Multimedia features:
    * HD webcam.
    * Built-in mic.
    * Built-in audio sound system.
    Software included: Microsoft Home & Office Trial.
    General features:
    * Up to 5 hours battery life.
    * Size H29, W26.6, D18.51cm.
    * Weight 1.1kg.

* Up to 5 hours battery life.
    * Size H29, W26.6, D18.51cm.
    * Weight 1.1kg.Additional Information

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Get a sticker cover. Simples.

Plus it'll be cheaper than the €30 loss you're making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

is this still for sale?

nickys wrote: »
    is this still for sale?

I'm afraid not. Sold it about a month ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement