Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich (19.45 TV3)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pelligrini wont be under pressure but now would you take 4th over 3rd, if it comes to it?

City wont need the Europa League for a UCL appearance next year so maybe avoiding a Thursday nights would be good for their league progress.
    Definitely! Even if we win tonight (we won't!), we'd still have to get something in Rome which, given our defending, is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Pelligrini wont be under pressure but now would you take 4th over 3rd, if it comes to it?

City wont need the Europa League for a UCL appearance next year so maybe avoiding a Thursday nights would be good for their league progress.

Is that not turning a blind eye to potential additional income? Not that it would be an issue for City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Me personally I'd definitely want to be in the Europa League, we've a big enough squad to cover rotation in most positions. It'd be good to start blooding the younger players, Pozo in particular. Always good to have a chance to win a trophy, I don't consider us 'above' the EL or anything. We could do with the experience of European competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Blatter wrote: »
    I can still see City struggling here. I don't think this is over by a long shot.
    Great call in fairness. I know City are dodgy lately but I thought this game was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

efb wrote: »
    5/1 for a city win... Yer ah rih gov
    I can see City scoring next so that's not a bad price.
    Aguero has beaten the offside trap a few times, just needs Nasri to stay onside too. I'd sub Nasri off but dunno what's on the bench.

jacool wrote: »
    Aguero has beaten the offside trap a few times, just needs Nasri to stay onside too. I'd sub Nasri off but dunno what's on the bench.

Jovetic, Pozo and George Glendon are yer choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Me personally I'd definitely want to be in the Europa League, we've a big enough squad to cover rotation in most positions. It'd be good to start blooding the younger players, Pozo in particular. Always good to have a chance to win a trophy, I don't consider us 'above' the EL or anything. We could do with the experience of European competition.

If yere in it ye'll wanna win it, its always nice to fill the trophy cabinet especially with European silverware.

Would expect Bayern to tire towards the end.

Jovetic, Pozo and George Glendon are yer choices.
    Oh, "they're not great options, are they" as someone once said.
    Jovetic so - he scored over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pighead wrote: »
    Great call in fairness. I know City are dodgy lately but I thought this game was over.

I've just noticed over the years when Pep's teams go down to 10 men they still continue to monopolize the ball and dominate a game.

The amount of options the Bayern players have in possession is staggering.

Baffling how the red card doesn't appear to affect the Bayern team. Still bossing it on the ball.

Oh, "they're not great options, are they" as someone once said.
    Jovetic so - he scored over the weekend.

I'd definitely like Jovetic to come on soon, Aguero's bloody isolated the way it is, and most of the good ball is coming from early ball to Navas and Milner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

come on man city
    kick their ass back to muenchen

please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bayern have been so good you believe they have the same amount of players as city

They could tire but their bench is strong enough for them to hold on

Bad and all as everyone views Arsene Wenger, I wonder does he think he did well to offload Clichy, Sagna and Nasri? They're all pretty poor tonight.
    Besides that, I want to know why nobody passes the ball to Milner when he's spending most of the game free on the left?

• Advertisement

I'd definitely like Jovetic to come on soon, Aguero's bloody isolated the way it is, and most of the good ball is coming from early ball to Navas and Milner.
    Here he comes.

Bad and all as everyone views Arsene Wenger, I wonder does he think he did well to offload Clichy, Sagna and Nasri? They're all pretty poor tonight.
    Besides that, I want to know why nobody passes the ball to Milner when he's spending most of the game free on the left?

Pretty unfair to consider that on one game - Nasri and Clichy have both picked up 2 PL winners medals since leaving don't forget ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Pretty unfair to consider that on one game - Nasri and Clichy have both picked up 2 PL winners medals since leaving don't forget ;)

Nasri hasn't been great for city in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hard to feel happy since I like neither team, (though ironically, if they swapped managers I would have no problem with Bayern) but I am happier Bayern are winning I suppose, and that Joe Hart has made a bollix of himself again, always nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Utv talking about no love lost between alonso and lampard. What's all that about? Two of the more "honest" players I would have thought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

quarryman wrote: »
    Utv talking about no love lost between alonso and lampard. What's all that about? Two of the more "honest" players I would have thought?

Always niggle in Liverpool Chelsea games between them.

So bloody hard for us to break this team down. We really never do well against teams that defend so compactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm sure its going back to the ghost goal in the UCL. English media thinking they are the centre of the universe again really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

madcabbage wrote: »
    Baffling how the red card doesn't appear to affect the Bayern team. Still bossing it on the ball.

Bayern need to have another player sent off to even things up.

The commentator reckons that 45,000 fills the Etihad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm sure its going back to the ghost goal in the UCL. English media thinking they are the centre of the universe again really.

Did lampard not do alonso about ten years ago. Put alonso out for a few months. Think there was handbags between them a few times after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Dempsey wrote: »

Lampard breaking Alonso's ankle is what they're referring to I imagine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lampard broke Alonso's ankle in 2005 and there was another nasty one in 2007 I think.

Here is a stat to make Citizens shudder
    City have played 12 matches in Europe as reigning English champions (2 in 1968, 6 in 2012, 4 so far in 2014), number of wins? Zero!

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Did lampard not do alonso about ten years ago. Put alonso out for a few months. Think there was handbags between them a few times after that

Ye that's the main reason. Lampard was sent off for a challenge on alonso another time. So pep hasn't totally ruined bayern and been found out as a manager as some were suggesting last season.

Huh, we scored.

Assist by Alonso !

• Advertisement

Good finish!

Whoops

Main Road wakes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

World class from Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Gift but aguero is just top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Great to see Aguero back fully fit this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can somebody tell me why ITV saying the difference between winning and losing isn't a big deal? By my reckoning, a win here means they can draw 1-1 in Roma and go through no? Obviously once Bayern take care of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Argentina could have done with that in the world cup final!

nuxxx wrote: »
    World class from Aguero

Best player in the league.

Holy Crap!

• Advertisement

AGUEROOOOOOOO!!!

Pick it out!!

Outrageous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS handed them the goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

jesus city are a one man team this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Great Comeback. Bayern collapsed spectacularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Aguerooooooooooo :eek:

• Advertisement

That was just handing it to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Penalty and two gifted goals, madness.

Should I cash out ?????????? Yes !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, implosion from Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Happy for City, stuck at it and got the breaks.

Aguero is so clinical

• Advertisement
Advertisement