Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Manchester City vs. Bayern Munich (19.45 TV3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This implosion by Bayern still doesn't half annoy me as much as Hart's pathetic attempt at a moustache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I am disappoint...

Extra man told in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    This implosion by Bayern still doesn't half annoy me as much as Hart's pathetic attempt at a moustache.

Yeah is he seriously trying to grow one or not? I honestly couldn't tell if it was a shadow or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well done Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Is there really a need for andy Townsend to celebrate when city score ? Such a bad commentator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Shame. In the end they were pressured into mistakes. Aguero is a class act. Still a promising Bayern performance overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That bloke is an absolute star! Up there with the best strikers in the world at the moment, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Mad finish, about time City pulled their finger out. The away game to Roma is setup to be a cracker for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus, not often bayern make 3 awful errors but fair play to aguero for putting em away. Schweinsteiger coming on made bayern worse, i know hes only back from a lengthy lay off but all he did was give away the ball. Match day 6 will be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rushden wrote: »
    Is there really a need for andy Townsend to celebrate when city score ? Such a bad commentator

He is the colour commentator - unlike Tyldesley he doesn't have to sit on his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Bayern very suspect defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

jacool wrote: »
    I can see City scoring next so that's not a bad price.
    Aguero has beaten the offside trap a few times, just needs Nasri to stay onside too. I'd sub Nasri off but dunno what's on the bench.

Hope you took it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Ardent

What a player Aguero. Left foot, right foot. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Three gifts and a red card and city just get over the line, lucky is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

I remember when England played Wales in a qualifier few years back he referred to England as we. Genuine plastic paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me why ITV saying the difference between winning and losing isn't a big deal? By my reckoning, a win here means they can draw 1-1 in Roma and go through no? Obviously once Bayern take care of business.

I make it that a 0-0 draw means City are out. Any draw 1-1 or higher and they go through based on superior group goal difference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

He is the colour commentator - unlike Tyldesley he doesn't have to sit on his hands.

A commentator shouldn't be celebrating a teams goals unless it's international games, it's nearly like listening to fanzone with him anytime an English team play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A commentator shouldn't be celebrating a teams goals unless it's international games, it's nearly like listening to fanzone with him anytime an English team play

But hes Irish, hes neutral in this situation when English and German teams play :pac:

dubrov wrote: »
    I make it that a 0-0 draw means City are out. Any draw 1-1 or higher and they go through based on superior group goal difference..
    2-2 or higher will do, provided CSKA don't win in Munich. In that scenario, Roma and City would be level on points. It then goes to the head to head between them (not the GD), and the 2-2 (or higher) would beat the 1-1 that Roma got in the Etihad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

glued wrote: »
    Bayern very suspect defensively.
    Always have been. They defend well as a team usually though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭dubrov

1-1 and the head to heads are even (1-1 in both legs) so it goes to group goal difference.
    City are well ahead on that so will go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Aguero, what a player. City fans, reckon ye can beat Roma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He is the cheerleader for the Prem, its ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Aguero is as clinical as they come

Aguero, what a player. City fans, reckon ye can beat Roma?
    Well; Merlin and Toure will be back, so that will strengthen our attacking abilities. Defensively we look very shaky though. There'll be more grey hairs by the time that game is over, that's for sure.

Great stuff city.

Aguero is majestic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

come on man city
    kick their ass back to muenchen

please!!!

tyvm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

blueser wrote: »
    Well; Merlin and Toure will be back, so that will strengthen our attacking abilities. Defensively we look very shaky though. There'll be more grey hairs by the time that game is over, that's for sure.

Toure back will be huge alright, the win tonight could give City confidence now for the next game. Needs to be at least a 2-2 draw for City to progress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Toure back will be huge alright, the win tonight could give City confidence now for the next game. Needs to be at least a 2-2 draw for City to progress?

I think we're ok if it's 1-1 and CSKA lose - We'll have the same h2h record as Roma, so it goes to group goal difference, and ours is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

edgecutter wrote: »
    Three gifts and a red card and city just get over the line, lucky is an understatement.
    Just to clarify - Aguero racing through onto a perfect pass and being brought down in a scoreable position by the last man back, which by the rules of football is a red card offence, is "luck"?
    Just checking, that's all!

Some people might think that a lethal finisher got three chances and took them all.
    Some people might go back to the CSKA match where a very dubious penalty was awarded to the Russians in the 86th minute.

But, nah, Man City - just lucky I guess!

Just to clarify - Aguero racing through onto a perfect pass and being brought down in a scoreable position by the last man back, which by the rules of football is a red card offence, is "luck"?
    Just checking, that's all!

Some people might think that a lethal finisher got three chances and took them all.
    Some people might go back to the CSKA match where a very dubious penalty was awarded to the Russians in the 86th minute.

But, nah, Man City - just lucky I guess!
    I could smell the hatred coming through my modem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

@blueser oops, sorry. might have reacted there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

As a unit, Roma are ahead of City, and with the game in Rome, I'd expect them to win 2/3-1

@blueser oops, sorry. might have reacted there !
    No no no; not you. The poster you quoted, edgecutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think Aguero is the best out and out striker in world football right now. If Suarez continues his scoring with Barca, it's close, but Aguero is just such a great finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Did Alonso have some sort of meltdown last night? I counted 3 misplaced passes in a row last night, the third leading to City's winner.

He probably needs counselling after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

greendom wrote: »
    Did Alonso have some sort of meltdown last night? I counted 3 misplaced passes in a row last night, the third leading to City's winner.

He probably needs counselling after that.

tumblr_mbtwncjxQ11r3qmgco1_500.gif