Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence

Options
  • 25-11-2014 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Because I'm in a nostalgic mood :D

Anyone else here loved this album? Never got into anything else they've done, but Fallen was just awesome! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I'll see your "Bring Me To Life" and raise you this:

Still a cracking band IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Links234 wrote: »
    Anyone else here loved this album? Never got into anything else they've done, but Fallen was just awesome! :D

Ha, I've been listening to Fallen today & came in here to see if Evanescence were given any love in this forum :D Fallen is a stunning album, from start to finish, & in among my top ten albums. It's just one of those 'they got everything right' albums. Similarly, I never got into any of their subsequent work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Kinda makes you feel a little old when you thinks Fallen is over 10 years old? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Links234 wrote: »
    Kinda makes you feel a little old when you thinks Fallen is over 10 years old? :eek:

I know :o Gave it another listen to there this evening, absolutely cracking album, from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I'd have to agree that Fallen is their best album. The Open Door is really good too, but had too much filler. I didn't fall in love with their self-titled as much as I did the first two.

They hold a very strong nostalgic value for me because they were my real gateway into metal - that and Metallica's S&M. I still consider them in my top 10.

Lithium is probably my favorite Evanescence song. I've seen them live twice and they were such solid shows - she was in top form vocals-wise.

Amy's solo record Aftermath (soundtrack for the movie War Story) is pretty cool too, if really nothing like Evanescence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement