Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ads popping up

Options
  • 25-11-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

I have mcafee anti virus bought and installed onto my laptop

Everytime I open a website im getting literally dozens of adds popping up on my screen and ads on the website too

If I open a thread or new page I get redirected to quiz's and questionaries

Surely Mcafee should sort this out?:confused:

How do I get rid of this, im short of smashing the laptop in my face and buying a new one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Download and run malwarebytes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

thanks

Im not too familiar with this type of things, is it free and also are you allowed to post a link to the site for me?

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

It has a free and paid version (14 day trail of premium available
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

thanks

Im not too familiar with this type of things, is it free and also are you allowed to post a link to the site for me?

thanks again
    It's free simple programs to run. On phone so just Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AngCork

what ad block are you using on the pc?

• Advertisement

just ran malaware and it had 45 items to be quarantined. restarted my computer and still have some ads popping up but not nearly as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

McAfee will stop viruses and malware but is not designed for stopping ads, you should have the adblock extension installed for that

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Download AdwCleaner ( cannot post link).. Very good program and designed to get rid of crappy popups, adverts etc.

thanks

Advertisement