Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an area to rent?

Options
  • 25-11-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hello,

I realise this has prob been done to death but can anyone recommend areas to rent in
    galway within a 5-10 minute drive. I do like the sounds of oranmore and read good things about the area, so i would be looking at other areas similar to oranmore which are close enough to the city. I am looking to move in january and have not secured a job yet, budget is 800-1100.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Oranmore is more than 10 minutes with traffic...do you mean 10 minutes from the city without traffic?...Moycullen...Knocknacarra (bit of a problem over there at the moment though)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Currently living in Knocknacarra for the last 8 Months, I've had no problems at all and it's a pretty nippy commute into town, especially with City direct

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dingdangdoo22

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Oranmore is more than 10 minutes with traffic...do you mean 10 minutes from the city without traffic?...Moycullen...Knocknacarra (bit of a problem over there at the moment though)

yeah i guess knocknacarra/moycullen would be closer.

johnciall wrote: »
    Currently living in Knocknacarra for the last 8 Months, I've had no problems at all and it's a pretty nippy commute into town, especially with City direct

does knocknacarra have a villagey feel to it? is there much to do in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

It's a lot of housing estates merging together to be honest but it is relatively close to town and closer to Salthill.

• Advertisement

yeah, in that case i think i would prefer oranmore even if the commute is a bit further.
    i was there for a christening recently and really felt a nice atmosphere/sense of community there.
    mixed age groups which i liked and seems quite safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't make any decisions about housing until you have a job. Live on the same side of town as your job. There are nice places to live all over town.

yeah i did think of that also, makes the most sense really. maybe i will revisit this thread when/if i secure employment there. thanks folks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Don't make any decisions about housing until you have a job. Live on the same side of town as your job. There are nice places to live all over town.

Live on the West, the East has no soul. :p

Remember too that living on the east side is a great head start if going anywhere (or returning to your home place for the weekend etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

If you are looking for a villagey feel salthill is your best bet within a 10mins radius of the city. Knocknacarra certainly doesn't have it.

Advertisement