Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Help

• 25-11-2014 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Probably not the right forum but nonetheless!!

Having some issues with the range of my wireless adapter in my pc. It's an Edimax USB job so probably not that great. Just wondering how I go about getting a good wireless connection without needing to be beside the router?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

1. Recognise that cable will ALWAYS be better than wireless, so use if possible.
    2. Wifi speed depends on both your router and your adapter, both may need upgrade.
    3. If you have a decent size house (or thick walls) you will need likely want more than 1 wifi router to provide coverage to all areas.

What is your current setup? Saying you have an edimax adapter means a big fat nothing. What router do you have? How is it configured? For best results run wifi N or wifi AC with modern gear. If you have many users note that bandwidth gets split between everyone.

Advertisement