Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best sim free option at the moment

• 25-11-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hey,

My htc one and meteor contract are approaching the end of their tether. I want a high end smartphone without a contract, what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Any flagship really can be gotten SIM free all depends on how deep your pockets are. Whats your budget, might help people advise you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

projectgtr wrote: »
    Any flagship really can be gotten SIM free all depends on how deep your pockets are. Whats your budget, might help people advise you.

I'm willing to pay big bucks if the phone is actually worth it. After quickly googling it seems that htc one m8 and galaxy note 4 seem to be the forerunners? oneplusone seems a lot cheaper though. If there wasn't a huge difference I'd like to save a few bob

Battery life is important to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

HeadPig wrote: »
    I'm willing to pay big bucks if the phone is actually worth it. After quickly googling it seems that htc one m8 and galaxy note 4 seem to be the forerunners? oneplusone seems a lot cheaper though. If there wasn't a huge difference I'd like to save a few bob

Battery life is important to me

take a look at the zopo 999 or the lite version zopo 3x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Whats important to you bar battery? tbh we could name any number of phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I know that it's a shameless plug, but the SIM only deals mega thread I created is very helpful.

You'll find it in the Mobiles forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

i was on meteor bill pay for years, then went to eircom/ emobile 35e deal. got the htc one x+. unlimited calls, texts and data when it was first out plus a fairly decent enough phone was why I chose it. However towards the end of my deal I was just looking around for even better deals. went to tesco mobile. 15e a month, unlimited calls & texts with 1gb of data plus with tesco clubcard I only actually pay 15 for 8 months of the year. The other 4 months I get clubcard coupons to get my credit. so thats 120e for unlimited calls & texts and 1gb of data suits me.
    When i first changed I got the moto g. was brilliant for the money, got it from Amazon as it was a gift but I got a faulty one. sent it back and got a replacement, different issue with that one so went generic chinese one.
    Saw the oneplus and waited patiently to get one. Bought it outright and didnt have any of the issues others had a start up.
    so basing it on 2 years my oneplus with unlimited calls and texts with 1gb of data came to
    358e ( phone )
    240 ( 15 x 16 months )
    less than 600e a 2 year flagship phone deal. I would never go back to contract and only go sim free in future.

Advertisement