Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best laptop for around €600

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, buying the parents a laptop for Christmas as their old one is gone bananas!
    They use it a fair bit and soupy rise me at times at what they can do on it, ha. M

To be honist I haven't a clue when it comes to computers so im looking for sumthing with good speed and memory, reliability ect.

Where/who is the best shops to go to or make?
    I'm in laicise but don't mind travailing.

Any help apreacheated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

What do they mainly use the computer for? I think this is an important consideration in determining the computer specification etc. etc. It is really very difficult to make any suggestion without some additional information.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 work2013

I don't have a recommendation as I'm also looking for a laptop recommendation but I'd say that ~400e would buy a suitable laptop for your parents. Thats my budget. Have a look at some of these laptopsdirect.ie/st/laptops-between-300-and-400-euros. Stay away from HP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

OP what will they be using the laptop for ? €600 is a lot for a laptop for people who may only use it for internet / skype / email etc.

Advertisement