Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog& master

• 25-11-2014 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Just wondering with regards training, what determines your dog seeing you as a master of the house hold? Especially If there is a busy house where it could be fed by different people, constant attention etc , why I ask is I'll be getting one however it will be minded daily while I work by the mother and fed obviously however it will be mine and trained by me and walked etc I'm worried from a training perspective it would see the person feeding it and there most of the day as that master figure and cause issues training etc

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

1stuey1 wrote: »
    Just wondering with regards training, what determines your dog seeing you as a master of the house hold?
    Nothing because there is no master, alpha male or pack leader model you need to worry about and if you're reading webpages mentioning that you need to be said master/alpha male/pack leader your in luck because you can ignore the whole site and move on to a relevant trainer with relevant training methods instead; to give you a starting point I'll give you the introduction video of Victoria Stilwell.

Advertisement